MAC Tournament- Game 1- Miami

29 minutes ago, dre22era said:

Akron will face No. 1 Buffalo on Thursday at Noon ET in the MAC Quarterfinals.

Now let us all pray 

I'm a realist, but if the Zips are to beat a Buffalo they have a better chance at Noon on Thursday then on Saturday night at 6 with a national audience 

• Like 1

The last 2 of our 3 games we shot the lights out.  Where did that come from?  I think the hoop gets a lot bigger when you are up by 20 late in the second half.  I thought our offense was sloppy but when you shoot like that it makes no difference at all.  There were a lot of whistles tonight.  The went to the foul line a lot more and killed us on the offensive boards but when you are making your shots this game gets a lot easier.  LCJ had another great game.  He made one the best passes of the season to Utomi on a fast break.  Utomi has had 3 solid games in a row.  We are playing this well without Cheese leading the offense.  When we can shoot over 50% from beyond the arc we are going to be tough to beat.  If we shoot this well against Buffalo it will be a very interesting game.  Go Zips!

11 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

If you have only one great game in the season, this was the time for it.

And...

we are now guaranteed a winning season.

Technically the Zips are now guaranteed a non-losing season. If they were to be 17-16 after Thursday it is possible to be invited to a postseason tourney.

4 minutes ago, GJGood said:

Technically the Zips are now guaranteed a non-losing season. If they were to be 17-16 after Thursday it is possible to be invited to a postseason tourney.

Would it really be wise for the Zips to pay $40k per game to participate in some 3rd rate tournament when we can't even afford to repair our track?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Would it really be wise for the Zips to pay $40k per game to participate in some 3rd rate tournament when we can't even afford to repair our track?

I am not saying they should or should not. I was only saying it is possible. I don’t know how the different budgets within the program work nor how the tournaments themselves get their money. I know you pay to host in those tourneys but outside of that I know very little about the finances of them.