MAC Tournament- Game 1- Miami

4 hours ago, zipfan84 said:

I too fear that tonight's game has the potential to be a repeat of the 2nd Ohio game. But for a different reason. My big fear is that the team is tired and ready for the season to be over. I just don't sense any 'fire' coming from the guys.

I know it's only been 2 years but Groce's UA teams haven't shown much improvement, either during the season or from year to year. Kinda reminds me of the Hipsher era (minus the nepotism). Wish I was more optimistic.........

Regardless I will be in my seat rooting us on tonight. GO ZIPS!

I think the Hipsher comparison is a tad premature.   I think the best comparison is to look at programs which are/were similarly situated so we are comparing apples to apples.   BG and Miami and Akron are in different stages of rebuilding.   I think watching how Zips do compared to them is the truer test 

32 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Can an 8 vs. a 9 seed really be a trap game? If we're looking past a team that finished 1 game behind us in the standings and beat us once, we have a problem. 

I think the intangible in this game is the motivation for the Miami squad.  It's crucial for both of these coaches to make it to Cleveland.  Miami lost by 2 to Toledo in the second round last year.  If Akron let's it's guard down for a moment, Miami is going to run over them.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I think the intangible in this game is the motivation for the Miami squad.  It's crucial for both of these coaches to make it to Cleveland.  Miami lost by 2 to Toledo in the second round last year.  If Akron let's it's guard down for a moment, Miami is going to run over them.

Can we lose? Sure, but I don't think it will be because we looked past Miami.