MAC Tournament Game 2: Buffalo

NWAkron

6 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Any cheap tickets to be had? 

TravelZoo has discounted tickets.   I got lower bowl tickets (section 108) for $45 after fees (regular $54 plus fees).  It supposedly comes with a $5 concession voucher - not sure how that will work.

https://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/chicago-midwest/-13-Men-s-2019-MAC-Basketball-Tournament-incl-Championship-2716273/?IsPresentationMode=1&utm_source=localdeal_us&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2731039_html_-_deal%3a2731039&utm_content=2731039&ec=0&dlinkId=2731039

• Thanks 2

NWAkron's keys to the game:

Big upsets require a high shooting % by the underdog.  UMBC shot over 50% when they beat #1 Virginia last year.

Also, free throws.  Zips have to make almost all of theirs and limit Bulls trips to the line.  In the game at Akron, UB had a lot more trips to the line than Akron even before the garbage final minutes.

Transition: Buffalo will grab the missed 3s and do quick damage.  Here in lies the big problem.  LCJ and Daniel will have the green light to shoot the 3.  If they start off cold, Buffalo will build a big lead quickly.  If those two start off hot, then there's a chance.

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, NWAkron said:

NWAkron's keys to the game:

Big upsets require a high shooting % by the underdog.  UMBC shot over 50% when they beat #1 Virginia last year.

Also, free throws.  Zips have to make almost all of theirs and limit Bulls trips to the line.  In the game at Akron, UB had a lot more trips to the line than Akron even before the garbage final minutes.

Transition: Buffalo will grab the missed 3s and do quick damage.  Here in lies the big problem.  LCJ and Daniel will have the green light to shoot the 3.  If they start off cold, Buffalo will build a big lead quickly.  If those two start off hot, then there's a chance.

I thought you were done posting after the OU game ?.

Having said that, I agree with you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zipfan84 said:

I thought you were done posting after the OU game ?.

Having said that, I agree with you.

And let me add the obvious, if the 3s aren't falling, Akron will play harder on defense and when they do that they hit the wall during those final few minutes.

Edited by NWAkron

18 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

We'll know in the first couple minutes how this game will be. If we don't come out and punch them in the mouth (metaphorically), I don't like our chances. We have to establish the energy level, tempo, intensity, etc. 

First couple minutes of the second half, you mean. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

The key to beating Buffalo is scoring more points than we allow.

On a serious note, I'd do my best to limit Perkins and Massinburg while forcing Jeremy Harris to be the player to beat us. Harris takes 12.5 shots per game while only shooting .402 from the field and .268 from 3. Lets try to force him to take 16-17 shots. If he goes off so be it. At least we played the averages.

Did Jeremy creep on this board, see your post, and take it as a challenge? ;)