MAC Tournament Game 2: Buffalo

NWAkron

20 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

They got an at-large because VCU failed to win their conference tournament. The same would have been true for the MAC had Buffalo lost to CMU or BG. Both conferences had 1 at-large caliber team. If you don't believe me,  just look at Buffalo's seed compared to VCU, dumbass.

AGAIN your words not mine You said the MAC had the best season in 20 years. HOW you dumb f 

Edited by dre22era

1 minute ago, dre22era said:

AGAIN your words not mine You said the MAC had the best season in 20 years. HOW you dumb f 

That's factually correct. Our tournament champion got a 6 seed. I believe Kent got a 9th seed in '02. Pretty much every other year since 2000 our conference champion has been a 12-15 seed. Which year(s) since 2000 are you trying to say are better than this year?

1 minute ago, kreed5120 said:

That's factually correct. Our tournament champion got a 6 seed. I believe Kent got a 9th seed in '02. Pretty much every other year since 2000 our conference champion has been a 12-15 seed. Which year(s) since 2000 are you trying to say are better than this year?

Kent was a 10 seed that year but all you are talking about are Conference Champions = 1 Team  thats it. 

In the past 15 years there have been many MAC worthy enough of an at large bid and thats my argument. 

The MAC continues to get shitted on period. 

2 minutes ago, dre22era said:

Kent was a 10 seed that year but all you are talking about are Conference Champions = 1 Team  thats it. 

In the past 15 years there have been many MAC worthy enough of an at large bid and thats my argument. 

The MAC continues to get shitted on period. 

When I'm saying this was the best year the MAC has had in 20 years I'm not referring just to Buffalo. I'm looking as the conference as a whole spots 1-12. Yes, there have been some years in the last 20 years where the MAC's 2nd best team was better than Toledo this year.

1 minute ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Congrats on finally admitting you're a Dambrot fan and not a Zips fan. 

Thats not admitting nothing and trust me you be surprised how much I donate to UA annually. 

I rep my Alma mater but I be damn if I don't call them out on their bullshit when warranted especially the MAC

3 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

When I'm saying this was the best year the MAC has had in 20 years I'm not referring just to Buffalo. I'm looking as the conference as a whole spots 1-12. Yes, there have been some years in the last 20 years where the MAC's 2nd best team was better than Toledo this year.

i've yet to see you reference anyone else but Buffalo 

3 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

OK, so what's the solution?

Honestly, I feel a good place to start is by programs like EMU, NIU, and Miami actually start to invest in their basketball programs. Miami was once the face of MAC. It's incredible to see how much they've fallen in the last 20 years.

2 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Honestly, I feel a good place to start is by programs like EMU, NIU, and Miami actually start to invest in their basketball programs. Miami was once the face of MAC. It's incredible to see how much they've fallen in the last 20 years.

My question was directed more at the critics who never offer a solution to the problem.  Of course they are all too often the same people who say the program is worthless yet expect the same worthless program to be of value to a better conference. 

1 minute ago, clarkwgriswold said:

My question was directed more at the critics who never offer a solution to the problem.  Of course they are all too often the same people who say the program is worthless yet expect the same worthless program to be of value to a better conference. 

Yes, I know who it was directed towards. I just figured I'd actually provide something towards having a productive discussion instead of endless rants.

21 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Oh how dare anyone speak out and bring attention to the blatant disparity we have been a victim of for decades. 

• Like 1