clarkwgriswold

2019-2020 Akron Zips Basketball- Looking Forward

The Ice Cream Social was a nice event.  The attendance wasn't great but OK.  About 10 of the players were there.  Some were in class.  Spoke a little to Xeyrius, Dailey, Walter, Sayles and Roscoe.  All very nice kids.  Told Jayden it was nice to see him without a cast to which he responded with an emphatic "me too!"  Maishe Dailey makes a great impression.  Eloquent, makes eye contact and couldn't be friendlier.  Coach Groce did a great job of working the room while not rushing anyone.

From what I heard, Dawson is not a part of the team at this point and another potential contributor will not play this year.  I don't want to openly air their laundry on here but feel free to message me for any details.  

The schedule is finalized but the MAC won't let them release it until after Labor Day as it is ironing out TV details.

• Like 7

I took my son and I will echo Clark in that it was a nice event.  He loved the ice cream with sprinkles.  He is pretty shy but ended up getting all the autographs of the players that weren't in class.  I also asked Jayden if his wrist was fully recovered and he said emphatically that he is 100%!  Also spoke briefly with Cheese.  Sounded like he took 3 classes this summer and is getting close to graduating.  He wants to be an A.D. after school/basketball.  He also mentioned how he feels the team has continued to get closer off the court.

• Like 3

How does LePear Toles look? If healthy or should I say, "IF healthy" he could be a contributor.  Doesn't seem that expectations are above the floor.  He showed a lot of promise at the high school level.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

How does LePear Toles look? If healthy or should I say, "IF healthy" he could be a contributor.  Doesn't seem that expectations are above the floor.  He showed a lot of promise at the high school level.

He's not and he won't.