Ole K.D.

Seems Ole K D is losing 3 freshman he recruited last year.   They are

Gavin Bizeau PF-Plainfield IN....this guy was a 4 Star recruit per Verbal Commits

Brandon Wade-Ann Arbor MI  2 Star

Eric Williams Jr-New Haven MI 2 star

anyone know the back story?  could be they were the odd man out in terms of playing time.  I think these guys were at one time Akron recruits when Ole KD was here.   

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dirtyolcrowe said:

Seems Ole K D is losing 3 freshman he recruited last year.   They are

Gavin Bizeau PF-Plainfield IN....this guy was a 4 Star recruit per Verbal Commits

Brandon Wade-Ann Arbor MI  2 Star

Eric Williams Jr-New Haven MI 2 star

anyone know the back story?  could be they were the odd man out in terms of playing time.  I think these guys were at one time Akron recruits when Ole KD was here.   

Williams was the leading scorer and rebounder on last year's team. 

Edited by LZIp

9 minutes ago, zippypitt said:

From what I saw at Duquesne this year, the answer is no.

Williams = he will upgrade his situation to a big conference

Wade = looked lost at the DI level

Bizeau = physical presence of Olive Oil

Swingle previously kicked the tires of UA, so maybe??

I don’t think Swingle will contribute much at the D-1 level.

I ventured back to the Duquesne fan forum. Apparently 9 of the 17 players he recruited to Duquesne have already transferred. Add in the 2 players that he inherited who decided to transfer and he is on average losing 5 players per year. 

image.png

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I ventured back to the Duquesne fan forum. Apparently 9 of the 17 players he recruited to Duquesne have already transferred. Add in the 2 players that he inherited who decided to transfer and he is on average losing 5 players per year. 

image.png

KD homers/Groce critics-

Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-6.53.04-AM-300x218.png

• Haha 2

KD once explained to me the plight of the mid-majors. If you want to field a team that has a chance to make some noise comprimises have to be made when recruiting players. The P5 schools gobble up all the sure bet players. Some of them may never see the floor, but hey they played for Duke, NC, etc...  That leaves guys who have talent but also some baggage that scared away the big schools. Guys like Tree(bad temper), BigDog(weight issues), Harney(weed, attitude), etc...  For a mid-major coach to be successful he has to juggle all these guys with problems and find enough other role players to put together a winning team. Sometimes those combinations just don't work out. With the advent of the transfer rules it has made it easy for players and coaches to get a divorce. 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 12:25 PM, zippyfan34 said:

I don’t think Swingle will contribute much at the D-1 level.

Dylan ends up in the MAC after all, playing three years at BGSU starting in 2020.  Would love to know the whole story on the kid.  His HS coach was really high on Keith, and that played the big role in his recruitment.  BUT...Swingle originally was offered and accepted at WVU by Huggins.  From P5 to mid A-10 to low MAC.  Quite a slide. Indicating his health and weight may be trouble.  Dylan's a project.

• 5 months later...