Keeping up with Keith (Dambrot)

On 1/11/2021 at 11:58 AM, clarkwgriswold said:

Can you imagine the furor on here if they would have fired KD?  The Bowden firing (of a sub- .500 coach) is a constant point of debate to this day on ZipsNation. I can't what a firing of KD would have brought.

They would have stormed Polsky's 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Hip Zip said:

What has Duquesne achieved with this guy running the point?

Nothing. It's been a long time since Duquesne has achieved anything so when I saw your question I knew the safe answer was "nothing".

• 3 weeks later...

After a couple years of waiting, KD gets to finally play a real home game Tuesday night as Cooper Center (the Coop) will finally open.  The AD is pitching the new facility as a new generation in Duquesne sports believing that the upgraded facilities will bring a higher level of athlete. That sounds a lot like believing that a new school will improve the level of education in a school district.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

After a couple years of waiting, KD gets to finally play a real home game Tuesday night as Cooper Center (the Coop) will finally open.  The AD is pitching the new facility as a new generation in Duquesne sports believing that the upgraded facilities will bring a higher level of athlete. That sounds a lot like believing that a new school will improve the level of education in a school district.

We don't have much room to talk. We thought a new football stadium would elevate our football program...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Newest upgrade to come to "The Coop" and Duquie Land:  KD becomes first coach to hire The Personal Brand Coach.  Gonna make kids rich by exploiting social media.  Name, image and likeness profiting.  With this the NCAA has thrown in the towel on trying to control boosters and will now introduce a bigger, better brand of exploitation.

https://theundefeated.com/features/duquesne-empowers-athletes-by-hiring-personal-brand-coach/

On 5/3/2021 at 1:25 PM, Z.I.P. said:

Newest upgrade to come to "The Coop" and Duquie Land:  KD becomes first coach to hire The Personal Brand Coach.  Gonna make kids rich by exploiting social media.  Name, image and likeness profiting.  With this the NCAA has thrown in the towel on trying to control boosters and will now introduce a bigger, better brand of exploitation.

https://theundefeated.com/features/duquesne-empowers-athletes-by-hiring-personal-brand-coach/

Doesn't hurt when you have LeBum "$50k Deck Out Hummer" James to turn to for guidance.

On 5/4/2021 at 2:48 PM, zippy5 said:

They might make a witty post about their transfer now with a sponsored ad. Ahhh!

Blessed.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 7:49 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Here's a Pittsburgh Gazette article about the carnage this week at Duquesne-

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/duquesne/2021/01/12/duquesne-dukes-basketball-sincere-carry-maceo-austin-keith-dambrot/stories/202101120145

Holy smokes, what a damn mess.

The one story kind of reminds me of what the Cleveland Browns just went through. In their case they seem to be playing better without the distractions. I doubt that's possible in college basketball...

7 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

ABJ article previewing Golden Flushes

Idk if it was a premeditated shot at KD, but concerning Duquesne-transfer PG Sincere Carry, Senderoff said this:

I think for him, he’s really enjoying playing basketball again. I think the best version of him is getting ready to come out. 

When he transferred, KD and Groce were both fully expecting him to come to Akron. Then one day, everyone got the notification that he committed to Kent and it shocked both UA and Doo-Cane. The kid can play, but he is a bit of a wild card. I wish we got him, but I like our personnel plenty good.

• Like 1