Class of '20 Verbal Commits

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 7:20 AM, Blue & Gold said:

2020 Commits:

Michael Snowden, OLB, WR, RB, 6-2, 195, University Prep HS, Pittsburgh, PA.

Nathaniel Williams, OT/DT, 6-5, 301, Newark Catholic HS, Newark, OH.

De'Andre Bulley, RB, 6-1, 220, River Rouge HS, River Rouge, MI.

Charles Rosser, WR, 6-3, 210, Benedictine HS, Cleveland, OH.

Jalen Jordan, DE, 6-3, 240, Wheeler HS, Marietta, GA.

Isiah Childs, WR, OLB, 6-3, 205, Wamego HS, Wamego, KS.

Joey Marousek, QB, 6-2, 200, North Royalton HS, North Royalton, OH.

Deacon Allen, OG, 6-3, 305, Rockmart HS, Rockmart, GA.

Janirr Wade, DE, DT, 6-4, 280, Stephenson HS, Stone Mountain, GA.

Ronan Chambers, OL, 6-5, 270, St. Edward HS, Lakewood, OH.

Tony Georges, OL, 6-3, 295, St. Ignatius HS, Cleveland, OH.

Ra'Shun Bass, DB, 6-0, 180, Marietta HS, Marietta, GA.

Transfers with Immediate Eligibility:

John Mitchell, DL, 6-3, 320, Independence C.C. (Sophomore)

Jaquize Cross, DL, 6-4, 300, Kentucky, Independence C.C. (R-Jr.)

Darrius Harris, DL, 6-3, ???, Western Carolina, L.A. Valley C.C. (R-So.)

Decavilon Reese, RB, 5-10, 200, Benedictine HS, Blinn C.C. ((R-So.)

Your ??? for Darrius Harris' weight nudged me to conduct some research to try and figure what ??? was in pounds.

As a result, he gets my vote for most interesting get.

A Bio on the Western Carolina U. web site mentions the following:

Prior to the start of 2018 fall camp Darrius Harris came from NCAA Division III Los Angeles Valley College. In that year, WCU listed him as a 6’4” red shirt sophomore weighing 260 pounds who saw action in three games. Strangely, he is not listed in either their 2018 or 2019 roster. He could be the first Zip ever to play as a RSo after playing as a RSo two years earlier for someone else, and although he appears to have become shorter over the last two years, the answer to my original question is: ??? equals 260.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Nate Williams play for Newark Catholic. Not sure if we are looking at him more for offense or defense. He plays two ways at his small high school.  That is one big boy and he moves pretty well for that size as well. One concern may be conditioning as he looked like he got winded at various points through the game and seemed to sit out a few series. Seemed like he took more defensive snaps than offensive ones. I will be looking forward to seeing what he can do once in a D1 strength and conditioning program.

• Like 1

Thanks, @kreed5120!  But that's strange 24/7 says Janirr Wade committed yesterday.  He's been on the ZN.o running verbal commitments list for a while now.  I must have read of his commitment from another source.  Honestly, I probably got it off his twitter.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 11:51 AM, kreed5120 said:

According to 247sports Janirr Wade committed to Akron yesterday. According to the site he had offers from BGSU, Purdue, and Rutgers.

image.png

The commit list above has him at 280 lb.  Here it is 235.  I wonder which weight is closer to being correct.

5 hours ago, bigjim said:

The commit list above has him at 280 lb.  Here it is 235.  I wonder which weight is closer to being correct.

Good catch, @bigjim.  Here is Janirr Wade's hudl profile, from which I took my information.

But FWIW, on Janirr's twitter page, he lists himself as a DE (he doesn't list DT).  280 would be awfully heavy for a DE.  So your question definitely still stands.

Edited by Blue & Gold

11 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Good catch, @bigjim.  Here is Janirr Wade's hudl profile, from which I took my information.

But FWIW, on Janirr's twitter page, he lists himself as a DE (he doesn't list DT).  280 would be awfully heavy for a DE.  So your question definitely still stands.

If you watch his highlights, it is very obvious the position he plays in high school.  He played either the Nose or Tackle, and never on the outside in his mid season highlights.  He did not seem very dominant or quick, but if he was, he would be going big time.  However, he plays at a position of need, the DL.  I hope that he keeps his commitment and becomes a Zip.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

If you watch his highlights, it is very obvious the position he plays in high school.  He played either the Nose or Tackle, and never on the outside in his mid season highlights.  He did not seem very dominant or quick, but if he was, he would be going big time.  However, he plays at a position of need, the DL.  I hope that he keeps his commitment and becomes a Zip.  

You're right.  He's definitely a DT.

• 2 weeks later...