Dru, Rome-ooooooh, and Big Daddy Wood

Did anyone else watch any of "The Basketball Tournament," on ESPN+?  Rome, Dru, Wood & Harney were on the Mid-American Unity team.  They won their first game against a team named Kohl Blooded (sp?) composed of mostly Wisconsin b-ball alumni.  It was considered an upset (?) but they controlled the game.  They lost the second game (by 2) to a team named Red Scare made up of mostly Dayton alumni.  The Magnificent Mr. Cooper was also on team Mid-American Unity and he pretty much shot Mid-American Unity out of the game.  He's definitely not the same Magnificent Mr. Cooper who still haunts my dreams.  Lol.

Anyway, it was pretty awesome just getting to watch Romeo, Dru & Jeremiah play ball again.  Love those guys.  

Yeah, it was nice seeing Harney again too.  Man, has any Zip ever had as much potential as Harney?  That is, of course, both a compliment and a critique.

Edited by Blue & Gold

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Did anyone else watch any of "The Basketball Tournament," on ESPN+?  Rome, Dru, Wood & Harney were on the Mid-American Unity team.  They won their first game against a team named Kohl Blooded (sp?) composed of mostly Wisconsin b-ball alumni.  It was considered an upset (?) but they controlled the game.  They lost the second game (by 2) to a team named Red Scare made up of mostly Dayton alumni.  The Magnificent Mr. Cooper was also on team Mid-American Unity and he pretty much shot Mid-American Unity out of the game.  He's definitely not the same Magnificent Mr. Cooper who still haunts my dreams.  Lol.

Anyway, it was pretty awesome just getting to watch Romeo, Dru & Jeremiah play ball again.  Love those guys.  

Yeah, it was nice seeing Harney again too.  Man, has any Zips ever had as much potential as Harney?  That is, of course, both a compliment and a critique.

I watched most of the 2nd game on ESPN today. Unity could have easily won. Cooper sucked the big one and both teams were awful in the whatever they call the last part of the game.

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

I watched most of the 2nd game on ESPN today. Unity could have easily won. Cooper sucked the big one and both teams were awful in the whatever they call the last part of the game.

+1.  Cooper looked like he could stand to lose a few lbs. Lol

He was turning the ball over & hoisting shots from 30-feet.  But unlike against the Zippers, he couldn't buy a bucket (today, nor yesterday).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just ran into Jeremiah Wood at the gym.  The dude is absolutely huge.  Still looks strong as an ox but cut as hell.  He's a legit 6-6, as I came up to about his armpit. Lol.  Nice guy.  We talked for about 2 minutes.  (I could have visited for an hour but didn't want to interrupt his workout.)  I told him that when he, Rome & Dru were on the team was my favorite era of Zips basketball.  Without any prompting from me, he brought up the Doug Penno buzzer-beater & the slow-starting game clock.  We commiserated. Lol.  

He's living in Ellet in the off-season and playing overseas.

Go Zips!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...