The Code: CampLife in the 330

Blue & Gold

I found it interesting that Coach Arth bluntly noted that after he first met the team his expectations of them weren't terribly high, but how, over the course of the last handful of months, they've changed his mind.  Can't help but wonder if that may be a reflection of the visibly low-bar for discipline (and possibly work ethic) set for the team by the previous staff?

I also appreciated how Coach said he hopes his players all want to be part of "a team with an opportunity to transform a university."

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Can't help but wonder if that may be a reflection of the visibly low-bar for discipline (and possibly work ethic) set for the team by the previous staff?

I think there is some truth to that...but it isn't black and white.

You don't win the MAC East title, and beat Northwestern, with 85 guys that are sloughing off. 

But you probably don't go from a 2.4 to a 2.9 overall team GPA in one semester without some players being held accountable for their classwork, who weren't in the past.

I think all you need to know regarding the buy-in of the incumbent players to the new staff is seen in the lack of transfers. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2