Game 1: Akron @ Illinois – 12 pm

UA1987

On 8/27/2019 at 10:12 PM, Blue & Gold said:

“Alvin can play anywhere,” Arth said. “He can be a starting corner for us. He can be a starting safety. He can play in the slot. He can do it all. So, I think for us to be as good as we can be, Alvin is going to have to play in multiple roles for us this season.”

I'll look forward to seeing AD catch some passes ?

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Like 2

Zips win if -

Kato has improved his accuracy from 2018. I think we could have beaten Iowa State last year if he’d have hit some relatively easy throws.

Deltron needs to have a big day, and stay healthy. His talent has never been questioned, but ball security and health issues have always been a problem. No turnovers and 100 yards from Deltron and the Zips win.

Arth needs to be aggressive on 4th downs. A conservative approach won’t win the game. Our D will give up points, so the Zips need to take advantage of all offensive opportunities.

Do we have a reliable kicker this year? Historically the Zips have a nice opening drive against P5 teams, and then shank a very makable FG.  And the balloon deflates. Big momentum boost for the Zips if we can convert FGs.

Im a big Jonah Wieland fan since his days as an Explorer. Some booming punts to bail the Zips out of bad field position would be huge. Jonah needs to have a big day.

Our performance on the D line will be the biggest key. If our front three hold their own, Ward, Sampson, Lako and company can wreak some havoc. If we get shoved down the field it will be a long day.

Look out for Lako. He’ll have at least one pick today. He’s tall, and reads the QB as well as anybody.

Zaire Jacobs had a great game at South Carolina last year. I look for him to have improved over the off season and make big impact today.

Head: Illini 31-23

Heart: Zips 20-18

• Like 2