Three For Thursday [Zips @Fighting Illini]

Dr Z

Illinois   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Zips
    • Fighting Illini by more than 17
    • Fighting Illini by 17 or less
  2. 2. How many passing yards will Kato have?

3. 3. Who will have the most yards receiving?

• Boogie Knight
    • Nate Stewart
    • Andre Williams
    • Brandon Lee
    • Jonah Morris
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I like our chances.  New playbook on both sides of the ball holds pluses and minuses.  Offensively, l think we will have a better plan to work, but have we had enough time to be able to work the plan.  Same on D..I like the diversity the staff is putting in, but can we avoid too many mistakes?  From what we have seen, it looks like the team is more disciplined, and they have put in the work.  If we can find an average running game, l look for Kato to flourish.  Avoid mistakes.  Have the right personnel on the field in time to be organized.  Fly the Jolly Roger. 

• Like 1

No I am not a 'troll'. Sorry I can't respond to the poll. But, think Illinois will win comfortably. Probably 10+ points. They do have a good run game. Even if their QB is questionable,they can still try to keep Akron's D on the field and wear them down. They still have Big 10 size. Akron stays in the game if Arth has been able to develop some sort of a run game and Kato can complete 60%+ of his passes. Can''t turn the ball over to a mediocre team. Have to make their O work. One advantage Akron might have is that apparently Lovie Smith still runs a lot of his 2-deep coverage in a zone. Arth has certainly seen that in his time in the NFL. Maybe some passes to TE's and RB's could get the O going. Will be interesting to see what difference there will be this season.