zip soccer alumni representing their countries

Let's not forget the great Wil Trapp

https://www.massivereport.com/2019/8/28/20836648/columbus-crew-wil-trapp-and-gyasi-zardes-usa-earn-national-team-call

Trapp has been a mainstay on the National Team roster since rejoining the player pool in 2018 with 17 of his 19 caps coming in the last two years. Trapp was part of the January player camps in 2015 and 2016, making a single appearance in each, but was a key part of caretaker manager Dave Sarachan’s 2018 squad, making nine appearances, all but one as captain.

• Like 1

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fcs-laryea-switches-gears-right-on-to-the-canadian-mens-national-team

“I’m really happy for Richie,” said Toronto FC head coach Greg Vanney. “He’s worked very hard to take ownership of what it means to be a right back. He’s still learning and it’s going to be a work in progress. (But) he’s shown out of the right back position that he can be a difference-maker in the attack. He’s obviously has incredible acceleration and speed and tenacity to want to defend and it’s just about continuing to learn the nuances of the position.”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

Are you just referring to the recent International break, or missed Mattocks and Yedlin? 

Current. Otherwise, as you noted, we could add Mattocks  ??  and Yedlin plus Lewis, Nagbe, Kitchen, and Bunbury who all spent some time with ?? USMNT. (Not counting youth levels)

I apologize if I forgot any of our players who have had caps for the USMNT or any other nation’s top level men’s team. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Current. Otherwise, as you noted, we could add Mattocks  ??  and Yedlin plus Lewis, Nagbe, Kitchen, and Bunbury who all spent some time with ?? USMNT. (Not counting youth levels)

I apologize if I forgot any of our players who have had caps for the USMNT or any other nation’s top level men’s team. 

I did forget Anthony Ampaipitakwong's time with the Thailand ??  National team. Doh!

Edited by Zip_ME87

• 3 weeks later...