Game 2: UAB Blazers @ Akron – 12 pm

Dr Z

On 9/8/2019 at 10:34 AM, LoyalZIP said:

Per 247, I'm pretty sure Arth's first class, that he largely signed AFTER the early signing period, was more highly rated than any class Bowden signed. We won't need transfers if that continues to improve. 

Are we seriously comparing 247 recruiting rankings, including FCS teams, as valid objective arguments?  Wake me up in 2-3 years.

2 hours ago, Balsy said:

Are we seriously comparing 247 recruiting rankings, including FCS teams, as valid objective arguments?  Wake me up in 2-3 years.

As opposed to what, Balsy's in-depth arbitrary rankings because you follow so close? Which recruit are you most excited for so far in the 2020 class? Or are you just blindly arguing? You aren't making any points to support you argument other than "TERRY BOWDEN" bud.

• Like 2

Personally, for me however Arth does has no bearing on my thoughts on letting Bowden go. I wanted Bowden gone because frankly I didn't feel he won consistently enough to warrant more time and I had no faith in him turning the program into a consistent MAC contender. Some of you may or may not disagree and that's fine. If Arth succeeds it tells me Larry Williams and his supporting staff made a good coaching hire. If Arth fails that means they didn't. Somewhere out there is a young promising coach that is looking for a chance. It's just a matter of finding him.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Balsy said:

But saying "Terry Bowden" does matter.  Because that's a known quantity.  That's not arbitrary, that's not me speaking off my ass.  You know it, and I know it.  

Now which recruit am I excited for so far in the 2020 class?  None of them.  I have zero excitement in Akron Zips Football.  My excitement has been completely drained, and it started with the decline of the Bowden years.  I've been burnt too many times by getting excited for whatever recruits to care before they actually show something.

Please take your misery somewhere else.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Please take your misery somewhere else.

Nope.  I'm as diehard a Zip Alumni as any of you.  I will not apologize for it.  And I will not apologize for being realistic.  

The Irony is this whole forum was miserable last year...where was your advocacy for people to "take their misery elsewhere" last year when this forum melted down on just about every one of the last 6-games of the season?  :rolleyes:

Edited by Balsy
  • Thanks 1