2020 recruiting

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

great find, Blue and Gold.....on Jordan Seaman

article below...has some more info

https://www.mytownneo.com/sports/20191115/five-stow-student-athletes-commit-to-college-athletics

While Seaman is a senior at Stow, he did play boys soccer for the Bulldogs, concentrating his play with the Cleveland Internationals academy.

Seaman carries a 3.7 grade-point average at Stow and plans to major in political science/pre-law at Akron, while playing at left back for the Zips. While he also considered attending Wake Forest, Seaman said Akron was the right place for his professional aspirations.

“I want to play professional soccer and Akron was the right program to help me get there,” Seaman said.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

recruiting class is up to 5 now....

a former Atlanta United Academy teammate of Natnael McDonald....will join the zips in 2020

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/high-school-soccer-article/daily-recruiting:-picking-for-2020-2021_aid47353

BOYS

Remi Smith, Midfielder, Atlanta United

Class: 2020

Commitment: Akron

"The soccer program was good and I felt like to school fit me well," Smith said. "I liked the atmosphere around the team. I got the feeling that the players and the coaches were very close and had good relationships."

Smith also was considering Brown and FIU.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I previously put this in the 2020 Spring roster thread, but it belongs here too. 

Welcome  Gabriel...

Edited by Zip_ME87

Many of you will remember Will Meyer from this epic game

Ben Lundt- GK for Akron - 110 minutes - no goals allowed

Will Meyer - GK for Louisville - 110 minutes - no goals allowed

https://gozips.com/news/2017/12/1/mens-soccer-akron-punches-ticket-to-college-cup-edging-louisville-in-penalty-kicks-4-3.aspx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/18/2020 at 5:40 AM, Zip_ME87 said:

I previously put this in the 2020 Spring roster thread, but it belongs here too. 

Welcome  Gabriel...

Gabriel Ramos is a new player University of Akron one of the best football programs in the history of NCAA DI.  (Me gusta.  I like it.)  ??

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Top Drawer Soccer(TDS) seems pretty confident about their "source"

I had been very much looking forward to seeing Jason Shokalook on the pitch in the fall of 2021.   TDS is now saying that Jason will join the zips in the fall of 2020.

Tremendous news.   Welcome, Jason.

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/recruiting-views:-transfers-on-the-move_aid47695

Shokalook reclassifies to 2020

While Akron recently unveiled four additions to the 2020 roster, a source confirmed to TopDrawerSoccer that Jason Shokalook has reclassified and will also join this year.

A prolific goal-scorer for Internationals SC during the past two seasons – Shokalook scored 31 goals in 24 games for the Ohio side in 2018-19, and has eight from just four games played during the current campaign. There’s no guarantee of first-year success, and Shokalook won’t have to be the guy right away. With both David Egbo and Will Jackson back up front for Akron, it means that he can ease his way into the picture. But finishing enough was an issue for the Zips, so the more he can add as a freshman, the better.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...