Maryland - Friday September 13th

This is the series that gave birth to the phrase "Fear the Roo!".  It was 2005, or maybe 2006 the teams met in CP, and the UofM Prez had to issue a warning to students not to chant anything more controversial than "Fear the Turtle". To that I replied, on I think the old ZN Blue Board: "Fear the turtle? How about the twerps Fear the Roo?!?" Alas the Associate AD to Mike Thomas (trying to remember his name -- he joined Thomas at Cinci, then moved to SEMo and CCU) was a lurker on this board, and liked it enough to trademark the idea and put it on T-shirts!  I'm still waiting for my first residual pay check.  Sad.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Didn’t see the game- did we have any chances to score?   It just doesn’t seem like Egbo has enough help.  Jackson isn’t ready at all.  

Yes, we had some chances, ones that went begging.

Jackson is not living up to his athletic potential.  His bad runs and errant passing are insufferable.  I keep believing that a light will switch on inside him.

Egbo had a few half chances, but he was rather too easily contained by Terps' back four.  His effort was inconsistent.  Again.

Now, Pacheco was again a handful for the opposition and a tough cover.  He struck the inside of the far post this time.  That poor guy is playing his heart out.  It is hard to believe he has yet to score this season. 

But then again, it is hard to believe that Zips have scored only twice in four matches.

Right now Zips look better on the coaching board than they do on the pitch.  They are actually less than the sum of their parts. 

Everybody must play with more grit to beat a much improved Pittsburgh Panther side.  It is time to bring the bite.

https://umterps.com/news/2019/9/13/mens-soccer-24-terps-take-out-akron-1-0.aspx

From the Boss
"That was a tremendous win for our team. It required a championship effort and I think tonight we got it. We did all the little things you have to do to win a game. I thought our defensive pressure was outstanding, but I also thought we were crisper in possession, particularly in the first half. I was very proud of the way our team played today. That Akron team might be the best 0-4 team in the history of college soccer. They'll be a contender as the year progresses." – Sasho Cirovski

• Thanks 1