Game 3: Akron @ Central Michigan – 3 pm (ESPN+)

94zipgrad

Maybe I’m Just a homer but this game looks winnable.  Clean up special teams.  IMO, we have been playing DB’s to see what is best for team.  I think Riley & Hooks should get chance at corners & get Davis back at safety.  Let’s go Zips

Looks like Central Michigan pass defense is week giving up 300 yds a game.  Maybe we can get rolling.  I liked the up tempo game when we ran it.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401119263

Edited by 94zipgrad
  • Like 2

• Dr Z changed the title to Game 3: Akron @ Central Michigan – 3 pm (ESPN+)

This game will be a barometer about what the rest of the season may look like for Akron in the MAC. A loss against another team with a new coaching staff and apparently in a rebuilding mode would indicate that the Zips are going to have a tough time with most of the rest of their schedule.

You have to think though with a very experienced HC in McElwain and Charlie as the OC their offense might be a little more dynamic than expected.

The mantra is the same this week. Finally find SOME sort of a consistent run game. No TO's Kato. No big plays behind Akron's secondary this week. Get ahead early by running the ball and using the short passing game. Keep CMU's defense on the field. That said,I have no idea what to expect from Akron in this game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

ESPN now showing spread as E.  Quite a

jump in just over two days -- 6 pts+?

Over/under 44.5.

With the crummy defenses of these two squads, I'd jump on the OVER!  I mean, if I were a betting man...

We are without our starting QB and RB. That is why the line has moved.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

"We"?  Who the Heck are "We".  Join the Board, at least ID who "we" are....Get off my lawn!

Thought that was assume I was a CMU fan. Our QB and RB got hurt in the thrashing against Wisconsin. They were just announced yesterday to be out.

• Like 1

IMO from what I have seen during the first two games,

Akron's top 5 WRs for the Central Michigan game should be:

Dustin Burkhart - starter

Nate Stewart - starter

Andre Williams - starter

Tim Scippio 

Mike Mathison

Julian Hicks should be in the mix if he is recovered from his injury

• Like 1