Game 3: Akron @ Central Michigan – 3 pm (ESPN+)

94zipgrad

12 hours ago, zzx said:

IMO from what I have seen during the first two games,

Akron's top 5 WRs for the Central Michigan game should be:

Dustin Burkhart - starter

Nate Stewart - starter

Andre Williams - starter

Tim Scippio 

Mike Mathison

Julian Hicks should be in the mix if he is recovered from his injury

Agree with starters, have said those 3 all along

22 hours ago, Ham said:

KG14, thanks for visiting.  We aren't all grumpy old men!  This contest should tell us much about both our teams.  Let's wish for no injuries for both of our teams. 

Thanks man. Agreed on both points.

A quick breakdown of our team:

- We have 2 QB transfers, Dormady from Tennessee and he just got hurt. Moore is from Memphis and he is a dual threat guy. Haven't seen much of him but he is better than anything we had last year, we assume.

- Ward is our RB, he got injured too. However, we are deep at that position. 

- WR is a young group but we have a transfer fro, VaTech, Pimpleton, who is a stud. Poljan was our QB last year and is now our best TE.

- OL was trash last year, improved this year.

- DL is solid.

- LB is very young, but decent.

- Very strong at S, but weak at CB.

I think many CMU fans are expecting a win because last year we kept it very close and our offense was inept. However, I don't follow Akron to know what the turnover was like from 2018 to 2019. We lost 2 CB's to the NFL. Should be a tight game. I do think we will win, but it really depends on how Moore performs.

• Like 1

" ... They’re a pretty aggressive defense. When they’re bring pressure, they’re coming. They’re timing up blitzes. Their linebackers are hitting it on the run, so we have to do a good job of being ready for some of the pressures they’re going to bring.”

I watched part of a practice this summer where Kato was using a deceptive snap count to counter the above. Maybe we'll see that play out today. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Culture is improving, non football things are improving, but the football is still bad. Kato isn’t the answer IMO. The whole O line is done after this year IMO. And the defense needs a year or two to get to the average level. My hopes are still high but damn!!! Trust the process & go Zips!!

How do you know the culture is improving? There has been zero worth trusting this year. Are you really asking for another year or two? What a joke!