Game 5: Akron @ UMass – 3:30 pm

Steve1981

9 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Is there a web site with suggestions where to stay in Amherst? Pretty sure I’m going to be at the game. It would be nice to stay at a place near campus and a bar district.

Hi Captain, Put together a visitors guide a few years ago and have made some updates. This is a link to the hospitality group and tripadviser etc.

Will be in lot 11 and a friend will have a WHITE UMass flag up. Stop by and visit, but be early as we'll leave for the Commonwealth Club* a bit early.

*Need to update the map with the stadium improvements as the Commonwealth Club has been moved to the new plaza at the south end of the stadium.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-818378.html

Edited by Steve1981
New South End Plaza - Commonwealth Club moved.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

According to ESPN FBI, this is the only game we're favored in the rest of the season. Every other game besides the BGSU game our opponent has an 80%+ chance of winning. If we can't pull this one out, I see 0-12 becoming a strong possibility.

Do we know the status of Kato & Burkhart?  We need them out there

3 hours ago, DannyHoke said:

Which means NOTHING. 0-12... 1-11. it's all in the IANELLO ZONE, which obviously is good enough for you.

you come on here slinging stuff at people, have your opinion i don’t care but don’t speak for me, i speak for myself.  You want to have a debate or speak to me about something let’s talk but that was just an ignorant statement 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

you come on here slinging stuff at people, have your opinion i don’t care but don’t speak for me, i speak for myself.  You want to have a debate or speak to me about something let’s talk but that was just an ignorant statement 

94, calm down man.  My guess is that Danny dip-sh*t has been on this board for a long time.  Since we have tired of his negativity under his old identity, he just registered under a new ID.  If we just ignore him, maybe he will just go away!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

94, calm down man.  My guess is that Danny dip-sh*t has been on this board for a long time.  Since we have tired of his negativity under his old identity, he just registered under a new ID.  If we just ignore him, maybe he will just go away!

A 1200 word essay on why Larry Williams sucks is hard to ignore!  

I just love it when a person with an agenda goes at it on an anonymous DISCUSSION forum with a zeal that indicates they think it will make a difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  For those of you going to UMASS, they have an awesome tailgating experience.  Thousands of fans in the parking lots.  Amazingly, however, very few actually go into the stadium for the game.  Weird.  Their stadium, BTW, is straight out of the 1960s - a solid piece of concrete covered in countless coats of paint.  Totally devoid of charm.

19 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Do we know the status of Kato & Burkhart?  We need them out there

I was totally puzzled by Burkhart's on-field absence Saturday.  Kept seeing him there on the sideline and saying "why?" to myself.  These things never come to light.  We can only guess, and my guess is some sort of team rule or school rule infraction.  But nothing to base it on, other than he looked healthy, and was there, and they obviously could have used him.  I thought maybe he'd just sit a quarter or a half, but I was wrong again.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, Captain Kangaroo said:

I will be traveling to this one. If anyone would like to tailgate prior to the game, just PM me. Happy to meet any and all Zips fans for pregame chowda' and beers! campervan.gif

looking forward to your reports Cap'n....

1 hour ago, ZipsVoice said:

I was totally puzzled by Burkhart's on-field absence Saturday.  Kept seeing him there on the sideline and saying "why?" to myself.  These things never come to light.  We can only guess, and my guess is some sort of team rule or school rule infraction.  But nothing to base it on, other than he looked healthy, and was there, and they obviously could have used him.  I thought maybe he'd just sit a quarter or a half, but I was wrong again.

I was tailgating before the game and had several people tell me that Burkhart was listed as doubtful due to a hamstring injury. I don’t know where that information is posted but I guess I assumed that fans were aware. I was actually surprised because it looked like they were going to put him in right before the half. It wouldn’t make sense to risk further aggravating the injury instead of resting so he can return next week. I don’t know anything about Kato’s status but I hope he is ok for Saturday. 

• Like 3