Game 5: Akron @ UMass – 3:30 pm

Steve1981

18 minutes ago, Steve1981 said:

FYI, Six players suspended and two transfer so it will be a battle of the last one standing. (Includes the kicker, QB West, tight end and starting DT that is indefinite suspended.)

https://www.gazettenet.com/UMass-football-suspends-six-players-for-violation-of-team-rules-28887845

Missing curfew.  First year coach.  Have to make a statement as to who his boss.  I suspect the same growing pains with the Zips.

3 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Didn't Julian Hicks get the DQ Las week?

In the first half, so he's good to play. If it was in the 2nd half, he would have had to sit out the first half of this one.

Already a weird game. Our D actually created a turnover. Nelson started, even though the announcers said he was out. Huge play by Mathison. We converted a 4th down for a TD to Hicks. Smigel is kicking XPs rather than Fitschen.

Lets goooo!

Edited by LZIp

6 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Obviously, this is making you happy.  As if anyone on here can do anything about it.

No, I'm not happy about this.  I'm absolutely miserable that I can't wear my Zips stuff with pride and talk to my students/other people about the Zips...or get excited about the Zips.  "Mr. B how'd the Zips do this weekend" ... "they lost...again". 

I'm just waiting for all the hypocrites to come out of the woodwork and try to defend losing to 0-4 UMass.  Hopefully the Zips will prove me wrong and find a way to win this.  Experience has taught me not to hold my breath.

Edited by Balsy
  • Like 2