Game 5: Akron @ UMass – 3:30 pm

Steve1981

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

No, I'm not happy about this.  I'm absolutely miserable that I can't wear my Zips stuff with pride and talk to my students/other people about the Zips...or get excited about the Zips.  "Mr. B how'd the Zips do this weekend" ... "they lost...again". 

I'm just waiting for all the hypocrites to come out of the woodwork and try to defend losing to 0-4 UMass.  Hopefully the Zips will prove me wrong and find a way to win this.  Experience has taught me not to hold my breath.

Maybe that's the problem.  You're wrapping up way too much of your self worth and emotion in this.  Sure, it's disappointing but it shouldn't make you miserable or impact your  clothes or  school  pride.   

The Zips are awful.  There's no other conclusion that can be reached.  Questionable play calling, but the biggest issue is a lack of talent.  Hopefully, this is the year of experience for young guys to improve that will pay dividends down the line.  Improvement will require not only the development of those kids but some better recruiting with a full season and off-season to beat the bushes.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Maybe that's the problem.  You're wrapping up way too much of your self worth and emotion in this.

The Zips are awful.  There's no other conclusion that can be reached.  Questionable play calling, but the biggest issue is a lack of talent.  Hopefully, this is the year of experience for young guys to improve that will pay dividends down the line.  Improvement will require not only the development of those kids but some better recruiting with a full season and off-season to beat the bushes.

No.  If only more Zips fans gave a damn...people keep asking about why not more people go to games...people don't care or give a damn.  I won't apologize for caring...well, I won't apologize for used to caring.  And note: I did not say that I wouldn't wear my Zips stuff...it's that I can't wear it with any shred of pride.  In anything.  

You and I both know it's overly optimistic, borderline futile, to think that the Zips are going to turn around before Tom Arth is shown the door.

Edited by Balsy
  • Like 2

Yall need to stop with that criticize the fans BS
The problem is the pee poor quality on the field. 

Why in da hell would I drive from Maryland to see us get our ass kicked on homecoming? 

Until the team starts winning the Zips are not worth the price of admission. 

And if you want to criticize anyone other than the team it starts with the damn students who indirectly have to pay for that BS out of their tuition and fees. 

And the homers in here who defended the hiring and over-hyping of this mediocre coach get an honorable mention too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoZips88 said:

To those of you who listened to the broadcast ... is it just me or did Frenchy sound irritated in general and short at times with Joe Dunn and Dave Skoczen?

Having been on around Frenchy on a basketball trip, I can tell you he gets irritated quite easily.

Gibson was #1 QB from Georgia.  Looks like Arth had him for UTC, and he then signed with Akron.  I wonder if he will start against Kent.  I'm not a Kato fan, so if Gibson is the real deal I look forward to him starting next season over Kato.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dre22era said:

Oh and Shout out to the folks who criticized me for wanting Tim Tyrrell (A Proven Successful HS Coach and local area recruiting guru) over this Bum 

seriously, what is the point of all this negativity you bring to this board?  No one here makes any hiring decisions.  You and a few others have made your points ad nauseam.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Balsy said:

No.  If only more Zips fans gave a damn...people keep asking about why not more people go to games...people don't care or give a damn.  I won't apologize for caring...well, I won't apologize for used to caring.  And note: I did not say that I wouldn't wear my Zips stuff...it's that I can't wear it with any shred of pride.  In anything.  

You and I both know it's overly optimistic, borderline futile, to think that the Zips are going to turn around before Tom Arth is shown the door.

No need to apologize for caring.  That's the mark of a real fan.  Your original post just had the sound of a kid telling  his mom that the kids at school were making fun of his clothes!  

Also,  don't lump me into that one Balsy.  They're only 4 games in and were hamstrung in recruiting by their late start.  If I don't see improvement this season, better recruiting in the offseason and a substantial improvement next season,  I'll be with you, but for now it is premature.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

seriously, what is the point of all this negativity you bring to this board?  No one here makes any hiring decisions.  You and a few others have made your points ad nauseam.

Whats your point in defending mediocrity 

If you want this board to only consist of a bunch of oblivious "Yes men" ill be happy to leave 

24 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I think he had an injury in the last game, and on the other side if he isn't working and connecting it's time to switch things up.

Same goes for other positions as well. I wouldn't burn any true freshman redshirts on this season but I would definitely take a good look at EVERY player on the roster for next year and at least get them some game action. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dre22era said:

Oh and Shout out to the folks who criticized me for wanting Tim Tyrrell (A Proven Successful HS Coach and local area recruiting guru) over this Bum 

The Zips are never going to be anything other than basement dwellers if they stick to the "recruiting local" model.

• Like 2