Game 6: Oct 12th - Kent State @ Akron – 3:30 pm

Captain Kangaroo

Kent State -- Higher Learning -- can they make a knife from what????

Scientists try but fail to make a KNIFE from their own frozen feces after an explorer claims Inuits use the technique in the Arctic.

To put the story to the test, Kent State University anthropologists Metin Eren, Michelle Bebbera and their colleagues froze human faeces in knife-like shapes at temperatures of -20°C (-4°F) in a laboratory freezer.

• Haha 3

We'll be sizable home dogs, but I can ALWAYS talk myself into beating Kent State. Coming off a bye, let's hope everyone plays loose and with fire. Maybe they do some fun stuff with Gibson, maybe a healthy Kato comes back and torches the secondary, maybe the turnover pencil gets used enough times to need sharpened, I don't know. Just BEAT KENT!!!!! A win here for this staff would be worth a few. 

• Like 1

The nice thing is, the men's soccer team finally got off the schneid and recorded their first win, and they host BG at 7 at First Energy Stadium, so since the football game will more than likely still be going on, if Kent is ruining homecoming for you, just leave and walk over to see some men's soccer, or the best team on campus right now may be the Volleyball team, are playing the Golden Flushes too...at 7:00 as well at the JAR.  Who the hell does the scheduling for the Athletic Department that there are two other on-campus sporting events starting BEFORE the football game will be over??

• Like 1

I've somehow convinced two out of towners with no connection to the University at all to come. We will have a fun time tailgating at least.

Regarding the game...we will be coming off of a much needed bye with either a healthy Kato or a freshman QB who has had two weeks to prepare and Kent will be coming off getting crushed by Wisconsin, so there is a glimmer of hope...

• Like 1

Where is any excitement for this game?  Yes, on paper, we don't look to be a winner Saturday, but when the tables have been turned in the recent past, we have not had a cake walk.  Where is George with an interview?  Dunn could do a piece.  Who is healthy or not?  The players and coaches have had 2 weeks to regroup.  I expect both to be ready to perform Saturday.  If l were running the show, l would forget rushing yards and passing yards.  l would concentrate on moving the ball into the end zone. Figure out what you can do effectively.  Same on D.  If you can't get pressure on the QB with 4 rushers, put 5 or 6 into the rush.  Sure that would put you man coverage, but suck it up.  You don't need to do it every down.  Same on stopping the rush; do more rush blitzes.  We are not winning the battles straight up.  We need to take more risks.  

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Where is any excitement for this game?  Yes, on paper, we don't look to be a winner Saturday, but when the tables have been turned in the recent past, we have not had a cake walk.  Where is George with an interview?  Dunn could do a piece.  Who is healthy or not?  The players and coaches have had 2 weeks to regroup.  I expect both to be ready to perform Saturday.  If l were running the show, l would forget rushing yards and passing yards.  l would concentrate on moving the ball into the end zone. Figure out what you can do effectively.  Same on D.  If you can't get pressure on the QB with 4 rushers, put 5 or 6 into the rush.  Sure that would put you man coverage, but suck it up.  You don't need to do it every down.  Same on stopping the rush; do more rush blitzes.  We are not winning the battles straight up.  We need to take more risks.  

Currently we are 12 point dogs.

Unfortunately, I will be giving the points.

So far it looks like there are only two conditions under which the Zips can't perform: pressure and lack of pressure.

If I could get a guarantee that the Zips would predominantly use a 6 man rush I would be willing to give up to 24 points.

Go Zips

George Thomas Article Preview-

*  Big rivalry renewed this Saturday

*  Arth thinks the kids are coming together

*  Lewis thinks OOC competition has prepared Can't well for the MAC

*  Anything can happen in a rivalry game

*  Lather, rinse, repeat

PS-- GT is looking more forward to the new Star Wars movie than he is this game or the Zips basketball season.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dr Z said:

Lot 9 will be open at 7 am, and closed from 8 to 10 am (for the 5K) then reopen. 

This was so irritating last year. I was hoping they would change the route so it didn't mess with the faithfuls in lot 9. I'm thankful for the heads up though, since last year I showed up and was told i wasn't allowed in along with the line of trucks behind me who were not aware either. 

The university just doesn't know how to plan events around their sporting events. They totally botched the fan application tailgate on the home opener. 

22 hours ago, Ham said:

Where is any excitement for this game?

I would have to imagine Ryan McGee is itching to follow this game.

Can't was in the Bottom 10 up until their drubbing of BUGS. The updated Bottom 10 comes out tomorrow. What are the Vegas odds we remain at #1 after beating the BYE week?

At least we're #1 in something. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

10 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Hypothetical - if Gibson were to come out and look good and we beat Kent, do you go burn his redshirt in a lost season or go back to Kato?

Back to Kato, need to look at what is best for future of team, use his 4 games for experience but IMO nothing is worth burning his redshirt