Jump to content
Captain Kangaroo

Game 6: Oct 12th - Kent State @ Akron – 3:30 pm

Recommended Posts

Sort of like we had to put up with the Bowden hating? Sorry, as long as the loser AD and pitiful coach are in place, this conversation is worthy of continuing. 

41 minutes ago, I love Zippy said:

The thread for tomorrow’s game has barely been used.  There are more important things happening. Please join the rest of us in real time!

Lol. Have you considered why it has no responses? There is nothing to look forward to. They will lose and likely lose big, again. Who wants to dwell on that? Please join the rest of us? It sounds like no one is discussing? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

Sort of like we had to put up with the Bowden hating? Sorry, as long as the loser AD and pitiful coach are in place, this conversation is worthy of continuing. 

Lol. Have you considered why it has no responses? There is nothing to look forward to. They will lose and likely lose big, again. Who wants to dwell on that? Please join the rest of us? It sounds like no one is discussing? Lol

I believe what they call you is a fair weather fan. I think I can get you a discount on a nice Malone football hoodie if you will turn in your Zip gear. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

Awww man... I was thoroughly enjoying revisiting a schedule with VMI on it as our only win that year... You're no fun. And to think we're only halfway through the football season having this discussion, and we still have an entire basketball season to debate Groce vs. Dambrot. 😂

You make a solid point but only if we can throw dropping to D2 into this moan fest. Go zips!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, I love Zippy said:

I believe what they call you is a fair weather fan. I think I can get you a discount on a nice Malone football hoodie if you will turn in your Zip gear. 

Wanting the Zips to win and believing they will win are 2 different things. Not wanting to face what a disaster we are in is just foolish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Sort of like we had to put up with the Bowden hating? Sorry, as long as the loser AD and pitiful coach are in place, this conversation is worthy of continuing. 

Lol. Have you considered why it has no responses? There is nothing to look forward to. They will lose and likely lose big, again. Who wants to dwell on that? Please join the rest of us? It sounds like no one is discussing? Lol

 

 

I have a hoodie with this on the front:  "We aren't Cyclone fans because it's easy.  We're Cyclone fans because its awesome." 

 

We could teach you quite a bit about how to maintain an active board even when your team sucks.  For instance, we have not won a conference (or even division) title in 100 years!  However, we took great pride a few years ago in the empirical proof that we are the most loyal fans in college football.  They took total attendance divided by wins over a three year period.  We were #1! 

 

That sort of loyalty helps make the current success even more enjoyable.  

 

 

 

 

 

[Waits for "there is nothing else to do in Iowa" jokes.  iIs true, but not relevant. ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Wanting the Zips to win and believing they will win are 2 different things. Not wanting to face what a disaster we are in is just foolish.

Damn man you must be the life of your tailgate party!  There isn’t a single person on this forum who is happy the team is losing, but get some perspective. It’s a game...played by amateur athletes...in Akron, Ohio. Maybe I’m foolish because  I just don’t think any of this rises to the level of disaster. Yes, I go to every single game thinking they will win. I cheer for the team, I get my picture taken with Zippy and I eat an overpriced hotdog.  If they lose I’m disappointed, but the beer is still cold back at the tailgate and there’s always next week.  So  you’ll have to ignore me because I’m going to keep being foolish.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke to Dr. Miller today and he assured me that the opinions on anonymous forums will be given strong consideration in his review of the AD and the football program.  He urged all critics to post the same things repeatedly to make sure their points got through.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I love Zippy said:

Damn man you must be the life of your tailgate party!  There isn’t a single person on this forum who is happy the team is losing, but get some perspective. It’s a game...played by amateur athletes...in Akron, Ohio. Maybe I’m foolish because  I just don’t think any of this rises to the level of disaster. Yes, I go to every single game thinking they will win. I cheer for the team, I get my picture taken with Zippy and I eat an overpriced hotdog.  If they lose I’m disappointed, but the beer is still cold back at the tailgate and there’s always next week.  So  you’ll have to ignore me because I’m going to keep being foolish.  

 

 

I've hit my limit of reactions to post, so I'm replying instead.  This is extremely well said.  At the core, we are fans, simply fans for our team.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 6:10 PM, akronzips71 said:

The same people who wanted Bowden gone now are defending Arth.

Very strange.

You need to work on your reading comprehension.  The considerable majority of those who wanted Bowden gone are disappointed with what's happening this year, they've just decided to be patient and not predict the future based upon only 6 games (especially when there's no quick fix available). 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...