Differences [Arth/Bowden]

UAZipster0305

12 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Delusional....this is your subjective perspective that can only be based on your perception of what you saw and you act as though it was fact. Not everyone agrees with you and since it is subjective, it will never be settled. You consistently overlook the milestones achieved by Bowden, that is truly myopic. 

What is discernible, however, are the kids in the transfer portal and the winless record. They have given up on the program. That is measurable.

What is more, the fantasy that you will strike gold in finding a replacement that exceeds Bowden in talent and ability to recruit. If you think you will, you should probably be playing the lottery, too. How many local kids have committed to Akron since Bowden was fired? Let's not forget that Bowden's recruiting travel budget was cut and he was told to focus on Ohio kids. Where do we see Arth recruiting? 

This is ? % Bowden’s team, he is doing the best he can, who locally is doing a good job on the field?  Offense - nobody, defense Bentley, Bubba

I know Bowden lost the team, the players didn’t listen & talked back

I understand Arth maybe over the top & many of the leftover plays don’t want to raise there grades or work that hard & they have been weeded out 

Lets see what happens, if he has the 1st 9 win season do you eat crow or are you still gonna be beating the Bowden drum

7 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Spare me...Arth for some unknown reason has not taken advantage of the talent he has. So many athletes that were impact players last year seem nearly silent or absent this year. 

As others have said, the plays being called this year make Milwee look like a play-calling genius.

Who? Impact?

the offense statistically is better, minus rushing

5 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

The defense of the decision to fire Bowden is tiring. We hired a loser in his place, can't fire the loser because we are still paying Bowden and are now the worst team in D1. It is really an indefensible decision and William's must go. 

Do you know we are paying Bowden?  South Carolina game bought him out & Bought out Arth contract as well,  plus made up the difference on Nebraska game, that was discussed in the ABJ at some point

On 10/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Agreed.   The problem is that your post lump equate being anti-Bowden with being pro-Arth.  I was ready to see Bowden and his issues move along, but that doesn't mean I wholeheartedly support Arth.  For me, that jury's still out.

That's fair.  I know I come across as die-hard-Bowden...I'm really not. I thought Bowden brought us a little fun out of a miserable siutation...but if we hadn't seen another winning season by the END of his contract, then I would have been okay seeing him leave.  I just feel that there was/is way too much good will for this staff by virtue of them being new.  I really, really, really don't want to see this team dismantled the way it was under Ianello again.  I highly doubt there is another Terry Bowden sitting out there to come rescue us back to middling mediocrity instead of utter dumpster fire.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LZIp said:

Something in the water in NE Ohio. Browns fans..Zips fans..nobody has any patience. Fire, start over, fire, start over. Loser mentality. I'm glad we are stuck with Arth for a few years. A chance to see the process through and make the correct decision on how to proceed.

Where was this comment in regards to Bowden?  Like the hypocrisy on comments like this is just laughable...DON'T trust the process with Bowden (a proven commodity)...but Please trust the process with Tom Arth (an unproven commodity).  Sometimes you DO have to just cut and move on...to use the Browns as an analogy: you didn't need season 2 and 3 of Hugh Jackson to know that Hugh Jackson wasn't going to cut it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

Where was this comment in regards to Bowden?  Like the hypocrisy on comments like this is just laughable...DON'T trust the process with Bowden (a proven commodity)...but Please trust the process with Tom Arth (an unproven commodity).  Sometimes you DO have to just cut and move on...to use the Browns as an analogy: you didn't need season 2 and 3 of Hugh Jackson to know that Hugh Jackson wasn't going to cut it.

Check my post history bud. I gave Bowden much more benefit of the doubt than most posters. The difference between you and I is that I've moved on because there is nothing I can do about it. Also, the decision to fire him or keep him could have easily been argued either way. It wasn't like he clearly should have been kept or something like that.

4 hours ago, LZIp said:

Check my post history bud. I gave Bowden much more benefit of the doubt than most posters. The difference between you and I is that I've moved on because there is nothing I can do about it. Also, the decision to fire him or keep him could have easily been argued either way. It wasn't like he clearly should have been kept or something like that.

I love when people say "move on"...it's lazy, and paves the way towards acceptance and apathy.  UA in my opinion, deserves better.  The only way you do better, is by analyzing the mistakes of the past.  Firing Terry Bowden was a mistake.  Holding on to Ianello for too long would have been a mistake...hell letting him have a second year was a mistake.  We need to understand that, and we need to prevent it from happening in the future, or there won't be a UA football program worth saving.

Yes it is that obvious that he should have been kept: your University is strapped for cash, he had two years left on his contract, he had been in the history of D-1 football at UA the most successful coach, and there weren't any viable options of replacement out there.  It's pretty damn clear he should have been kept.  And we need to learn that lesson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Balsy said:

I love when people say "move on"...it's lazy, and paves the way towards acceptance and apathy.  UA in my opinion, deserves better.  The only way you do better, is by analyzing the mistakes of the past.  Firing Terry Bowden was a mistake.  Holding on to Ianello for too long would have been a mistake...hell letting him have a second year was a mistake.  We need to understand that, and we need to prevent it from happening in the future, or there won't be a UA football program worth saving.

Yes it is that obvious that he should have been kept: your University is strapped for cash, he had two years left on his contract, he had been in the history of D-1 football at UA the most successful coach, and there weren't any viable options of replacement out there.  It's pretty damn clear he should have been kept.  And we need to learn that lesson.

So you mention the university being strapped for cash in one breath and call for the firing of the coach in another? Seems like doubling down on the issue to me.

• Haha 1