Cornell - Sept. 28

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/undefeated-winless-watch.2106453/

"I imagine there has never been in a time in history that two Final Four teams from the previous year start the season at 0-10-2 as have Akron and Michigan State. Shows you how fragile teams are at this level with injuries, playing challenging schedules and the parity among teams. Two great programs with great coaches who I'm sure will find their form as the season moves on. "

Our players need to find their “fire” for playing their game at the Akron standard. I think I’ve only seen that this season v Stanford and in the 2nd half at Creighton. I know it’s tough on the road; I’ve been at every game. But now it’s time to defend our field. We cannot allow teams to come into FES-CCF and push us around regardless of anything. No excuses. 

By the way @fknbuflobo, wanna bet the row of seats behind me that I think belong to FE are empty Saturday? Fickle Akron fans want greatness but often are not willing to provide the needed support through adversity. I know our team hasn’t given up, and I’m confident that our true fans haven’t either. 

GO ZIPS!!!

1 hour ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Our players need to find their “fire” for playing their game at the Akron standard. I think I’ve only seen that this season v Stanford and in the 2nd half at Creighton. I know it’s tough on the road; I’ve been at every game. But now it’s time to defend our field. We cannot allow teams to come into FES-CCF and push us around regardless of anything. No excuses. 

By the way @fknbuflobo, wanna bet the row of seats behind me that I think belong to FE are empty Saturday? Fickle Akron fans want greatness but often are not willing to provide the needed support through adversity. I know our team hasn’t given up, and I’m confident that our true fans haven’t either. 

GO ZIPS!!!

I am invested in this program long term.  I am as constant as The Northern Star.  I will be sitting in that row come Match Day.  

Even better if it is too crowded for me to sit there, but....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

FES-CCF

Even though the fencing says it....it's no longer Cub Cadet Field, just First Energy Stadium...minutia, I know....

1 hour ago, fknbuflobo said:

I will be sitting in that row come Match Day.  

"Security!! Security!!!"  ?‍♂️?‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZipsVoice said:

Even though the fencing says it....it's no longer Cub Cadet Field, just First Energy Stadium...minutia, I know....

It may be minutia, but I didn’t know that. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

I am invested in this program long term.  I am as constant as The Northern Star.  I will be sitting in that row come Match Day.  

??

On 9/25/2019 at 7:56 AM, fknbuflobo said:

I'm with you, fknbuflobo. I love my team and will follow them through adversity and success. I try to do all I can and am allowed to do to support them. I will be in my seat at my usual time looking forward to the true beginning of another great season. Forget what is past. Let's get this rolling this Saturday. Go Zips!

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

Marla Ridenour article

Skye Harter is very important to the success of this team.  I am glad that this article informs fans of the physical injuries that Skye has been dealing with.

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20190926/marla-ridenour-ua-mens-soccers-0-6-start-puts-master-psychologist-jared-embick-to-his-sternest-test

1 hour ago, TennZip said:

Marla Ridenour article

Skye Harter is very important to the success of this team.  I am glad that this article informs fans of the physical injuries that Skye has been dealing with.

https://www.ohio.com/sports/20190926/marla-ridenour-ua-mens-soccers-0-6-start-puts-master-psychologist-jared-embick-to-his-sternest-test

Another good article by Marla.  Zips MSOC owes her some sort of recognition.  She cares.  And she ain’t no cheerleader neither.

Anyone paying attention knows that Skye Harter is not fit.  No medical degree is necessary to observe.  Injury Rehabilitation is tough on anyone, and it is something we will all likely face eventually.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

Another good article by Marla.  Zips MSOC owes her some sort of recognition.

I used to be a YUGE critic of Marla, but fknbuflobo is right.....she has been a positive supportive, but not a rah rah shish coom bah one....I just wish she'd take on all Zip sports and not just one.....could use something in place of GT.....