Cornell - Sept. 28

10 hours ago, YipaZip said:

Apart from Lundt, this team is stronger in all areas compared to last years team. 

First off, I am glad to see some discussion on this board.

with a night's sleep, the statement above...I even more strongly disagree with the statement above.  Who on this team this year has been better at right back...than Abdi Mohammed?

Bradley Chick is going to hopefully have a long outstanding zips career...if he does not become discouraged by the losing and lack of effort from some of his teammates.   However, Bradley had almost no time to acclimate to his teammates and Bradley has been battling leg injuries almost all season.

Certainly, you can not be saying that Carlo Ritaccio, as the right back in the Cornell game, was better than Abdi Mohammed.  Carlo is a quality center back (although his pass distribution has not been stellar this year).   As a right back, he is not currently a match for Abdi Mohammed.

Take off your rose colored glasses.  Can you truly say that the David Egbo that we have seen in 2019 is better than the David Egbo that we saw in late 2018.   Sam Tojaga and Morgan Hackworth were both outstanding down the stretch in 2018.  Sam was winning balls in the midfield in late 2018.   Sam is not winning balls in the midfield in 2019.

This team has talent and I have not given up on them.  Last year's team , on paper, probably did not have the talent to beat Wake Forest and Stanford on their home field.  However, they followed Jared's game plan and they played as a team and with great effort.   This year's team has too much talent to be totally dominated at Pitt and way too much talent to lose to Marshall and to Cornell.   Yes, they had one great possession goal at Marshall....but they lost focus and gave up 2 soft goals to an inferior team.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 11:36 PM, fknbuflobo said:

I have earned my stripes; I have been here quite a long time.  And I will be here long from now.  I will handle my fandom as I feel appropriate, requiring neither advice nor permission from anyone.  Fan is sort for fanatic.  I am not here in the capacity of a coach; that is a different perspective.  And I am certainly not a cheerleader.  AND I am not a PARENT of someone on the team, which is definitely an entirely different perspective.  

My means of protest are limited to either vocalizing or not attending.  I have not missed a home match in well over a decade.  So, vocalizing it is.  

My support for this program cannot be questioned.  I have been here way too long for that.

Our team has fallen into the predictable habit of nearly always playing back to GK.  Opponents are just waiting to pounce on these back passes.  I realize we want maintain possession, and we want to draw out the opposition.  But we have become far too susceptible to the high press.  And we have become sloppy and too casual about playing square across the back.  No.  I am not making it up.  And who are you to insinuate that I am?  Surely you have noticed this sloppy ball handling along the back  Many others have  noticed, even if you have not.

I do not mean to imply that sloppy back passes are the only thing wrong here.  That is far from the case.

We are on a losing streak of historical magnitude.  I do not believe any Zips squad has ever begun 0-0-4.  We are at 0-0-7 and counting.  We probably will hurt some feelings and trample some egos before this gets fixed.  But fixed it will eventually get.  And I will be here through all of it.

See you at the match.  Go Zips!

With all that being said, you’ve still not enlightened us as to what you hope to achieve by boo-ing the team? 

24 minutes ago, YipaZip said:

With all that being said, you’ve still not enlightened us as to what you hope to achieve by boo-ing the team? 

“Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.”
― Socrates

• Like 1