The Official Transfer Portal Thread

I love Zippy

3 hours ago, I love Zippy said:

Just a curious question. We currently have 6 student-athletes in the transfer portal. I know they have been removed from the team roster, but are they permitted to finish the semester on their scholarships and are those players still attending classes?

Rather than having 6 student athletes in the portal, I think we now have 6 athletic students. They can tear-up the US Intramural League for a short bit this fall before moving on.

I assume their scholarship holds through the end of the semester, since it is already paid. 

You'd think a requirement for them getting a scholarship is to attend classes? And they would be much more marketable to another University if they were in good academic standing, rather than dropping out. 

Other than Dre, I can't believe any of the Portal 6 are going to play at the D1-A level again.

59 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Rather than having 6 student athletes in the portal, I think we now have 6 athletic students. They can tear-up the US Intramural League for a short bit this fall before moving on.

I assume their scholarship holds through the end of the semester, since it is already paid. 

You'd think a requirement for them getting a scholarship is to attend classes? And they would be much more marketable to another University if they were in good academic standing, rather than dropping out. 

Other than Dre, I can't believe any of the Portal 6 are going to play at the D1-A level again.

Thanks Captain!  I hope they are taking advantage of finishing the semester.  

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

And they would be much more marketable to another University if they were in good academic standing, rather than dropping out. 

I agree, if I were these guys I'd at least show signs to would-be suitors that "I can handle the class work and keep academically elegible".

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Other than Dre, I can't believe any of the Portal 6 are going to play at the D1-A level again

Agree again.  The others weren't getting PT for whatever reason and most were TB's recruits, and didn't get PT under that staff as well.

9 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

I'm thinking this season will be his redshirt year and he doesn't need to find a new team to redshirt this year, right?

When you enter the portal you are off the team, he has been removed from roster already.  He can redshirt since he played less than 4 games but it doesn’t matter unless someone picks him up