Dustin Burkhart Medically Disqualified

94zipgrad

From the above Instagram post from Dustin

“I’m so thankful for the game of football. The places it has taken me, the experiences I have been fortunate enough to be apart of and the people I have been able to meet. It has meant the most to me since I was eight years old. Unfortunately, I have been fighting an uphill battle with ocular migraine through trauma in the past few years of playing the game. It has reached the point where I will be medically disqualified from continuing my football career. The support I have received throughout my life has been truly amazing. I am so thankful for all of it. I will be transitioning into the next stage of my life with all of the tools and knowledge football has equipped me with. To all of my teammates and coaches from the past and the present, THANK YOU. It’s been one hell of a ride.“

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Dr Z changed the title to Dustin Burkhart Medically Disqualified

Was talking to a an old friend the other day about her son.  He was a HS football player at a suburban school here in Summit County.  He was playing in an all-star game after his senior season and received a severe concussion.  He was on "brain rest" for 3 weeks and had to change career paths.   I wonder how long this game will last.  It's such a meat grinder.

Edited by NWAkron
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate the support for Dusty, I have avoided posting while he was on the team.  We appreciate everything Akron has done for him.  We are going to miss watching him play.  He has been trying to play through Ocular Migraines triggered by hard hits.  He has lost his vision a couple times during games & has tried medication & emergency medicine when there is vision loss.  Outside of football he has no symptoms & he carries a 3.8 and is part of The University of Akron’s #11th ranked Financial program & will miss football but will be ok

Thanks Zipnation

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Not sure what’s funny @Hilltopper?  Didn’t say he was a NFL receiver, didn’t see enough but his athleticism would place him top 5 in combine.  Link below.  Has school record 39.5 vertical, He’s a laser 4.4 guy 6.8 cone drill, 11 foot broad

http://thehuddle.com/2019/03/03/2018-nfl-combine-results-wide-receivers-2/

My bad Zipgrad. It is sad to see any kids career end that way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...