Game 7: Buffalo @ Akron - Oct. 19th - 3:30 p.m.

Blue & Gold

7 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

Wow, that last clip of Arth was not appealing.

It showed him screaming at his players. The announcers called it trying to motivate, but anger rarely motivated...the one player in street clothes (didn't get a good look at who it was) didn't look impressed. I am not opposed to yelling, but this guy looked like he was ready to punch someone. 

This has to be one of the worst CFB games I have ever watched.

35 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

It showed him screaming at his players. The announcers called it trying to motivate, but anger rarely motivated...the one player in street clothes (didn't get a good look at who it was) didn't look impressed. I am not opposed to yelling, but this guy looked like he was ready to punch someone. 

This has to be one of the worst CFB games I have ever watched.

its the 2nd pic & looks like Kato

I don't mind seeming Arth get angry. He should be angry. I just hope he doesn't go to the post game press conference and start spewing BS about all the positive things he saw today. He should say this is totally unacceptable and it is all ultimately on him as the head coach. That would be refreshing.

6 minutes ago, you am i said:

I don't mind seeming Arth get angry. He should be angry. I just hope he doesn't go to the post game press conference and start spewing BS about all the positive things he saw today. He should say this is totally unacceptable and it is all ultimately on him as the head coach. That would be refreshing.

All he needs for Christmas is an offensive line and a place kicker.

23 minutes ago, you am i said:

Why should he be angry? Because he hasn't been able to adequately coach his team? That his veteran QB in some capacity, chose actions that put him out of the line of fire after being abused all season?

He is in over his head. His little meltdown is exhibit A.

To zipoutsider, I get what you are saying but I'm curious, what do you think would be an appropriate sideline reaction by him in these circumstances? It's another lopsided loss in a winless season by the worst team in D1 football in you first year on the job. I don't mind some anger. 

To me you yell when you know kids are not playing as good as they can. Honestly, we haven't seen anything better under Artg, so to tell at this juncture seems pointless. It would be different if we had seen better and they weren't playing up to that, but to yell at this point is more of a reflection on him than the team.

11 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

And yelling would be OK, but he seemed so completely disconnected from his players and more on the border of rage than motivational yelling.

You must have gone to the Long Island Medium when she was at the Civic Theater ?.

As for Kato, he has always been for Kato first and foremost.  Good riddance.  

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1

My quick thoughts from yesterday:

• The Zips defense held UB to 7 points and 254 yards of offense. That should equal a victory. 

• AJ Watts (freshman from Georgia) had a great game yesterday. He has my attention. 

• The offense has to score touchdowns to keep my interest. I don't mind rebuilding, but somehow, someway you need to score TDs to keep me involved in the process. 

• Gibson was the best QB on the field yesterday. Gibson was under constant pressure and outperformed UB's QB who had a clean pocket most of the day. 

• I'm not giving up on Kato, he was still involved in warming up Gibson, tapped him on his head when he went out, was in the QB huddles after series. 

• In limited carries (8) Decavilon Reese looked like he can help the offense move the ball on the ground. Hopefully his injury was a stinger, and is all right. 

• I've watched football for decades, and I have little, to no idea what pass interference is anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not a great game to watch.  But good defense is good football.  I thought both defenses performed pretty well.  Wanted Buffalo to open up the passing game, but they were too content with their running game and quick out passes.  As long as they had the lead and it was growing, they didn't really need to try much else.