Game 8: Zips @ NIU - Oct. 26th - 3:30 p.m.

Blue & Gold

43 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

It’s killed us not having Burkhart, most of our early scoring drives this season had a big play involving Burkhart on the drive.  Have been stagnant without him.  

Let’s hope they figure a way out to

1.  Get a running game

2.  Protect the quarterback 

3.  Find a playmaker

4.  Need a speedy receiver that gives deep threat to get everyone out of box

Wow, that is a lot to work on

• Like 1

What is the status of Reese for the NIU game?  He gave the offense spark that Lee could never provide.  I also liked the couple of plays that Hayes Kennedy had in the game.  However, I would guess that they would try to save him and red shirt him.  He should have three more games to play this year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

The team sucks.  But the play calling should not make things worse.  Third and one and you need to keep the ball.  Get the one yard with a run or quick throw instead of throwing the ball 30 yards down field to a receiver surrounded by 5 defensive backs.

Who is calling the plays ? It all starts there.Do we not have enough TEs or backs to run a heavy formation in short yardage?

2 minutes ago, Spin said:

Illegal formation on a punting team.

That's a new one. 

What does that say about how well those 4 in the backfield were prepared as to the rules and how to make sure you stay out of those situations or recognize it quickly and correct it? I know this team is young but we've got assistant coaches all over the place. Can't we expect better than what we're getting?