Game 9: Zips @ BGSU - Nov. 2 - 2:00 p.m.

Blue & Gold

19 minutes ago, LZIp said:

What is the thought process behind putting James King out there right now? R-Sr who has not played all year (yet was able to get on the field with the previous coaching staff). Stick with who has played all year or put young guys out there. I don't get it.

Lzip, I am all for playing somebody other than who has been out there as there has been 0-8 success with them. 

3 minutes ago, John Ward said:

Lzip, I am all for playing somebody other than who has been out there as there has been 0-8 success with them. 

My thought is, if he was good enough to play before (which I believe he was), why wasn't he playing? Putting players in who won't be here next year at this point in the season is not a good look for the staff either way you look at it, IMO.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

Another question? Look at the sideline for BG. All their boys are dressed with exception of injured. AU home games we have at least 20 kids wearing jerseys. Please tell me why? Im sure all these kids work their tails off during the week just to get rewarded by wearing a jersey? Not sure the mentality with this. You don't attract recruits or anyone with this practice. Dress em all for Gods sakes and play em all.We are 0-9 .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Ward said:

Another question? Look at the sideline for BG. All their boys are dressed with exception of injured. AU home games we have at least 20 kids wearing jerseys. Please tell me why? Im sure all these kids work their tails off during the week just to get rewarded by wearing a jersey? Not sure the mentality with this. You don't attract recruits or anyone with this practice. Dress em all for Gods sakes and play em all.We are 0-9 .

Amen. Could not agree with you more.

Ok. So 100 total yards of offense against the 2nd worst team in the MAC. 35 unanswered points. -3 in turnovers. 0.9 ypc rushing.

These are not stats of guys not meant for the staff's "scheme." The MAC east isn't the SEC. This staff is in over their heads and has completely lost this team. Truly Ianello 2.0.

The faintest glimmer of hope is that sites are rating Arth recruits much higher than Ianello recruits ever were. Will they stay committed and will it translate? Will the staff be here to see it translate?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, a-zip said:

WE DID NOT SCORE A TOUCHDOWN IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER!! (and now into the first week of October).....and people were complaining about Terry Bowden's offensive coordinator.  WOW!! ?

Nobody is pleased with it, bud. Your months are mixed up BTW.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, a-zip said:

WE DID NOT SCORE A TOUCHDOWN IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER!! (and now into the first week of October).....and people were complaining about Terry Bowden's offensive coordinator.  WOW!! ?

You're a month behind.  11 TD's in September.  None in October.  Time change is tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ABJ/staff report: Zips remain winless after blowout loss to Falcons

Bubba had 19 tackles.  Alvin Davis finished w/ 15 tackles (1 for a loss) and Lako had 11 (2 for a loss).

We finished with a cumulative 100 yards of total offense. ?

71 yards passing on 10 receptions (7 yards per completion) 

...and 29 yards rushing on 31 attempts (<1 yard per carry average). ??

BUGS forced 4 turnovers (3 INT's & 1 fumble) ??

...and 5 sacks. ?

Our OL is... just... wow.   Lord have mercy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

ABJ/staff report: Zips remain winless after blowout loss to Falcons

Bubba had 19 tackles.  Alvin Davis finished w/ 15 tackles (1 for a loss) and Lako had 11 (2 for a loss).

We finished with a cumulative 100 yards of total offense. ?

71 yards passing on 10 receptions (7 yards per completion) 

...and 29 yards rushing on 31 attempts (<1 yard per carry average). ??

BUGS forced 4 turnovers (3 INT's & 1 fumble) ??

...and 5 sacks. ?

Our OL is... just... wow.   Lord have mercy. 

ABJ staff report = rewrite the boxscore 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, morris buttermaker said:

ABJ staff report = rewrite the boxscore 

When your LBs and S combine for most all the tackles you don't win. This tells me no D line.Tells me opponents are gashing you in the run game or airing it out on you. Neither is good. 

Edited by John Ward
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Hardcore rooting for BG tonight to beat OU and knock them out of bowl contention. Them coming into next week with no motivation/potentially mixing younger players in is our only chance at a W.

Didn’t root hard enough...OU’s rolled up a whopping 66 points on BG with 2:03 remaining in the 3rd quarter! 

Have we scored 66 points this season?

• Sad 1