Transfer Portal

John Ward

1 minute ago, Cykron said:

The NFL finds talent.  But they aren't going to find talent that never gets on the field.  However, not all fields are the same.  Getting on the field for Akron means that you are on national TV several weeks per year, including some weeknights when you are the only game on TV.  

You look at a kid like Alvin. All offenses needed to really do is keep away from him for 4 quarters and they could score at will against us. Tgere will be very little film highlights for him to help scouts find what he can do. Hopefully, his film from the previous 2 years will help. 

• Like 2

What does it matter if this young man was a starter, 3rd stringer or 5th? You are not defined in life by what string you are or were in the athletic sport you participate in. It appeared he was very involved in the O as he signaled all the plays in. My guess is he is very well liked by his teammates and was not a locker room cancer.He will be missed and one day he will be called boss.Everyone is meaningful !!

1 hour ago, John Ward said:

What does it matter if this young man was a starter, 3rd stringer or 5th? You are not defined in life by what string you are or were in the athletic sport you participate in. It appeared he was very involved in the O as he signaled all the plays in. My guess is he is very well liked by his teammates and was not a locker room cancer.He will be missed and one day he will be called boss.Everyone is meaningful !!

You’re absolutely right, John. He’s an awesome young man and everyone on the team loves him. But I think LZip’s point was that Ramart is not transferring because he doesn’t like the Akron program, but is transferring because he wants to be somewhere he can contend for PT.

• Like 1

Of course I wish Ramart nothing but the best. As far as I can tell, he’s been nothing but a perfect teammate,student, and ambassador of the program since he’s been here.

I should have worded it better, but what I meant was I’m not going to lose sleep over anyone who has minimal chance of getting on the field leaving the program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Kyshad Mack in the portal. He couldn't get on the field this year and we were his only offer so....have to imagine his time in FBS is over.

https://247sports.com/college/akron/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/

I feared this would happen. I don’t think he will be the only other one either.Nice young man and from what I understand , he should have been on the field. I wish him the best of luck and he will find a home and be a major contributor. Just watch !

I Liked Kyshad Mack.  Last year he was Massillon's best player -vs- Hoban after being inserted at RB & almost brought Massillon back for an historic comeback in that game.  

After that performance I thought UA may try using him at RB.  I was surprised he earned as little PT as he did.  I'm extremely careful to play the Politics card in college ball.  In fact, I never do.  Coaches want to win.  If Kyshad wasn't getting PT I'm sure there was a reason other than Arth wanted to play his nephew, or whatever.  If Arth thought Kyshad could help us win but was unwilling to give him PT for a deeper issue, then kudos to Coach Arth for sticking to his guns.  

Nonetheless, I'm disappointed in Kyshad moving on.  We'll see where he lands.

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Any news for the Zips from the transfer portal?  (Asking for a friend)

No commits for the Zips, no more players entered the portal, and no players who entered the portal have committed anywhere yet. I did see Devanier Floyd got an offer from Tiffin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 9:58 AM, 94zipgrad said:

Not saying it’s gonna happen but it’s more than wishful thinking.  

Any additional insight you can provide? I just noticed one of our coaches like on of Williams' random tweets. Seemed odd there would be any sort of communication based on what we know, so I would think it may offer some hope.

If Williams were to come back, I believe he should be a Redshirt Jr. with 2 years of eligibility. I wonder if he would count towards this year's 25 or not?

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but the B1G has proposed legislation that would allow all players a 1 time transfer without having to sit out a year. This proposal would impact men's hoops as well along with other sports.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-proposal-would-allow-every-athlete-to-transfer-once-without-sitting-out-a-year/

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but the B1G has proposed legislation that would allow all players a 1 time transfer without having to sit out a year. This proposal would impact men's hoops as well along with other sports.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-proposal-would-allow-every-athlete-to-transfer-once-without-sitting-out-a-year/

This would be the death of Mid Majors, especially in hoops.

Any freshman with a breakout first year could get himself an upgrade in his degree without any pain.

• Like 1