Transfer Portal

John Ward

1 hour ago, 94zipgrad said:

What does this kid expect when this is your history and you haven’t played a down yet

https://247sports.com/Player/Brayden-Hawkins-85811/TimelineEvents/
UTEP

Maryland

Louisiana

Akron 

Back in the portal

If he'd just have accepted that offer from Lenoir-Rhyne back in the day...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, John Ward said:

Guidance young man !! Lack of it !! Its what all you youngins lack. Thats why the world is the way it is today.

I'd say kids more often lack discipline, not guidance from coaches.  Certainly, many of them lack guidance from a strong male parental figure in their youth and that contributes to a lack of discipline, but the coaches may actually be the first guidance they've ever really had.

I'm not clear on your original statement.  I'm not sure if you think coaches didn't give him the guidance to be successful or whether you think coaches weren't honest with the kid as to the level of his talent.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John Ward said:

Sometimes it aint about the play its the principal . I don't believe the coaches or just a coach at any of the schools this young man attended were forth-rite about his abilities.

The kid can take some blame, young man! 4 schools - they all led him wrong?

Edited by zippy5
  • Like 1

It’s more of probably his parents I researched this kid he was at Maryland when all that DJ Durkin stuff happened. Went juco then Lafayette now is then now in the portal. Maybe his parents are telling him he is better. He was a walk-on that didn’t play and wasn’t gonna play. 

• Like 1

How about the kid transferred to Akron when the roster was a little thin.  Kato having surgery on his shoulder, Gibson and Marousek were Freshman, TJ was a sophomore that hadn't played.  So the thought being come here and compete.   Now with DJ Irons and Janokowski here he was buried on the depth chart.  With the availability of the transfer portal and no path to play here at Akron it's probably in his best interest to go FCS.  (Which is probably where he should have gone out of HS).  Good luck to him and his journey.

• Like 3

Coach Oscar Rodriguez @CoachZoneEyes is quite active.

Coach Tommy Zagorski @AkronCoachZ

Coach Devin Jordan @CoachJordan82

Coach Deonte Gibson @Coach_DGibson

...are all pretty active on twitter.  Especially Coaches Rodriguez & Z.  (But a lot of it is family stuff & not necessarily related to Zips football.)