Transfer Portal

John Ward

25 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Could someone please send directions to Akron for all of these players signing on to the team with no contact information for the coaches?

Whoever decides to send the kids directions to Akron, please make sure you make the directions to the one in Ohio.

https://geotargit.com/called.php?qcity=Akron

• Thumbs down 1

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Could someone please send directions to Akron for all of these players signing on to the team with no contact information for the coaches?

How about give you directions outta town. And if you notice all these signees is JUCO and transfer’s. None is HIgh School boys. Thats who I was referring to Jack Wagon.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John Ward said:

How about give you directions outta town. And if you notice all these signees is JUCO and transfer’s. None is HIgh School boys. Thats who I was referring to Jack Wagon.

I think you just ruined any chance of Clark "Jack Wagon" Griswold taking over the presidency of the John Ward fan club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, John Ward said:

Humor me please. How do JUCO and transfer players get contact info but not HS players?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

This years already pretty picked over at the high school level and Akron needs players that can help them immediately. I'd expect 80% of this years recruits to be transfers and juco players.

Good call.  Also, with the transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility for many players created by the NCAA in response the Covid, HS players are getting pushed down in farther in the process as there's less and less roster room.  In addition, teams on the level UA recruits often have to wait for the recruiting processes of the "better" programs to flush out as kids UA may be chasing are waiting to see what may open at a P5 of more prestigious G5 when offers are accepted or rejected by higher level recruits.

Best Regards,

Jack Wagon 

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Good call.  Also, with the transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility for many players created by the NCAA in response the Covid, HS players are getting pushed down in farther in the process as there's less and less roster room.  In addition, teams on the level UA recruits often have to wait for the recruiting processes of the "better" programs to flush out as kids UA may be chasing are waiting to see what may open at a P5 of more prestigious G5 when offers are accepted or rejected by higher level recruits.

Best Regards,

Jack Wagon 

Yes, that CB we got from WVU is a prime example. He played a decent amount as a true freshman, but didn't see the field much the past 2 years. He comes to Akron and we get 2 years of eligibility out of him. I'm assuming he'll start both years. Tying up scholarships on redshirts doesn't make as much sense now that you can bring in transfers that can play day 1.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Yes, that CB we got from WVU is a prime example. He played a decent amount as a true freshman, but didn't see the field much the past 2 years. He comes to Akron and we get 2 years of eligibility out of him. I'm assuming he'll start both years. Tying up scholarships on redshirts doesn't make as much sense now that you can bring in transfers that can play day 1.

Get the best ready to play right now players via portal, Juco or high school.  Win now & you can get better quality high school players for the future with a few needed parts out of portal Juco to sustain success

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Tying up scholarships on redshirts doesn't make as much sense now that you can bring in transfers that can play day 1.

Bingo. Long term"projects" should be viewed as recruiting failures moving forward. 

If there is a scholarship allotment of between 70 and 75, that's enough to field a team in 2022.  College football teams should have three types of scholarship players:

1. Starters

2. Players who can play when needed. 

3. Guys with a foot out the door. 

Heck, take the difference in scholarships between 85 and the actual number, cut them up and give partial scholarships to scout team players. 

10 minutes ago, GP1 said:

Heck, take the difference in scholarships between 85 and the actual number, cut them up and give partial scholarships to scout team players. 

I don't think there are any partial scholarships in FBS.

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GP1 said:

Bingo. Long term"projects" should be viewed as recruiting failures moving forward. 

If there is a scholarship allotment of between 70 and 75, that's enough to field a team in 2022.  College football teams should have three types of scholarship players:

1. Starters

2. Players who can play when needed. 

3. Guys with a foot out the door. 

You can NOT issue partial scholarships in FBS.

• Thanks 1