Transfer Portal

John Ward

I will be 100% curious to see if these guys are big-time contributors or just a roster filler at their new programs.  Georgia Tech and Pitt are both, generally, low-level P5s, so I think they may have at least a shot at being productive.  However, we have to remember that this roster was pretty much devoid of talent coming into the season. 

Are Gibson and Mumpfield true stars?  Or were they just the only serviceable guys on an absolutely abysmal football team?

1 minute ago, RowdyZip said:

I will be 100% curious to see if these guys are big-time contributors or just a roster filler at their new programs.  Georgia Tech and Pitt are both, generally, low-level P5s, so I think they may have at least a shot at being productive.  However, we have to remember that this roster was pretty much devoid of talent coming into the season. 

Are Gibson and Mumpfield true stars?  Or were they just the only serviceable guys on an absolutely abysmal football team?

Just a random two cents: Seems like more guys from the Arth exodus are going P5 than when Bowden was replaced. Mathison hasn't committed anywhere yet and it seems he's just getting G5 interest at this point. I'd like to see Moorhead convince him to stay.

Edited by LZIp

2 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Just a random two cents: Seems like more guys from the Arth exodus are going P5 than when Bowden was replaced.

Is that true?  It's only a few years, but I don't remember well enough.  Is it more than just Mumpfield and Gibson this year that have landed P5 spots?

Also, without a hardship exemption Bowden guys would have had to sacrifice a year of PT to transfer, right?

5 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Is that true?  It's only a few years, but I don't remember well enough.  Is it more than just Mumpfield and Gibson this year that have landed P5 spots?

Also, without a hardship exemption Bowden guys would have had to sacrifice a year of PT to transfer, right?

Just Mumpfield and Gibson so far. Mathison would likely be the only other. Only Council went P5 (to Auburn) when Bowden left, though a lot of players disappeared or transferred out. They would have had to wait a year unless they were a grad transfer then.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 9:25 AM, LZIp said:

Kyle Vantrease ( @Cykron) and RB Dylan McDuffie  for Canada now in the portal. Both were starters this year.

Hope Coach Moorhead knows.  Bring Kyle back close to home for his final year.  

Have you ever wondered about other MAC teams use of the transfer portal?

Well, fasten your seat belts Bunky. Here's the latest from 247sports. It may not be completely accurate because there is a lag in them posting new info, or 247 not being informed about every situation. The info below, however, is based on what 247 had posted as of 5 minutes ago. Enjoy.

image.png.06b3a36113b7995acc3d43da9c302357.png

Edited by Zipmeister
  • Like 1

It is just incredible to me how Joe is methodically filling our talent gap. He's just begun and there is joy returning to the faithful. I can't wait to see what the talent looks like when they report August 1. Joe's competence and professionalism serves to remind me that we should never accept crap when our eyes tell us otherwise. The debacle of the Arth years lasted one year too long in my mind. I hold no malice toward him and his staff. I wish them well, but they were not good for us in any way, shape or form. Williams deserves all the criticism for the hire and his cowardly exit before the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

It is just incredible to me how Joe is methodically filling our talent gap. He's just begun and there is joy returning to the faithful. I can't wait to see what the talent looks like when they report August 1. Joe's competence and professionalism serves to remind me that we should never accept crap when our eyes tell us otherwise. The debacle of the Arth years lasted one year too long in my mind. I hold no malice toward him and his staff. I wish them well, but they were not good for us in any way, shape or form. Williams deserves all the criticism for the hire and his cowardly exit before the season.

It lasted the perfect amount of time because we were able to get Guthrie in here, then land JoeMo. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Have you ever wondered about other MAC teams use of the transfer portal?

Well, fasten your seat belts Bunky. Here's the latest from 247sports. It may not be completely accurate because there is a lag in them posting new info, or 247 not being informed about every situation. The info below, however, is based on what 247 had posted as of 5 minutes ago. Enjoy.

image.png.06b3a36113b7995acc3d43da9c302357.png

What's with the mass exodus at Canada and Directional Michigan - Middle?

Im not sure if this has been a point posted but as ive been reading through this thinking, it occured to me that not only will the pedigree and experience he holds, and his coaches hold as a great recruiting tool, the fact that he can point out to recruits/transfers that he could have gone almost anywhere as a HC but chose Akron because it really is a special place to be could go a long way in the recruiting process.

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Didn't realize he even left for Kansas. 

What the 'meister failed to mention is he left U@B after the 2020 season.  He coached the Jayhawks to a 2-10 record this year.  So his departure is probably not the cause for the exodus - unless there is a subspace variation at the US/Canadian border 😁