Transfer Portal

John Ward

17 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Have you ever wondered about other MAC teams use of the transfer portal?

Well, fasten your seat belts Bunky. Here's the latest from 247sports. It may not be completely accurate because there is a lag in them posting new info, or 247 not being informed about every situation. The info below, however, is based on what 247 had posted as of 5 minutes ago. Enjoy.

image.png.06b3a36113b7995acc3d43da9c302357.png

Which way is the "IN" and "OUT"? The 3 star for example. Is it we had 2 go in the portal and 6 come out or is is we had 2 come in the door while 6 went out the door? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnnyzip84 said:

What the 'meister failed to mention is he left U@B after the 2020 season.  He coached the Jayhawks to a 2-10 record this year.  So his departure is probably not the cause for the exodus - unless there is a subspace variation at the US/Canadian border 😁

I don't know what the cause of the mass exodus was/is, but I do know some people take longer than others to figure out that they are unhappy with a change in their environment and take action to improve their situation. For example, I hate the crappy winter weather in Ohio, but if I don't move south until summer it won't mean the motivation for the move wasn't the crappy winter weather in Ohio.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Zipmeister said:

I don't know what the cause of the mass exodus was/is, but I do know some people take longer than others to figure out that they are unhappy with a change in their environment and take action to improve their situation. For example, I hate the crappy winter weather in Ohio, but if I don't move south until summer it won't mean the motivation for the move wasn't the crappy winter weather in Ohio.

It took a year for them to figure out how bleak things were without Ianello.

• Haha 4

On 12/11/2021 at 10:01 PM, 94zipgrad said:

Nate Stewart?

Yes, I honestly don’t know why my phone autocorrect has to do that with proper names.. I know someone named Nate Williams and my phone must have wanted me to talk about him instead

I personally am rooting for former Zips WR Nate Stewart to win a national title today. He looks awfully good for Montana State, even against the FCS elite squad in North Dakota State.

What do you guys think? Root for a guy that transferred away or no?

42 minutes ago, GJGood said:

I personally am rooting for former Zips WR Nate Stewart to win a national title today. He looks awfully good for Montana State, even against the FCS elite squad in North Dakota State.

What do you guys think? Root for a guy that transferred away or no?

Always, once a zip always a zip but he has been a non factor.  Someone posted his stats, he is I believe under 10 catches for the season

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 9:25 AM, LZIp said:

Kyle Vantrease ( @Cykron) and RB Dylan McDuffie  for Canada now in the portal. Both were starters this year.

Kyle just committed to Georgia Southern.  I haven't talked to him directly about the reasons for leaving Buffalo or chosing Georgia Southern.  However, I can think of more than 50 degree/reasons to do so.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cykron said:

Kyle just committed to Georgia Southern.  I haven't talked to him directly about the reasons for leaving Buffalo or chosing Georgia Southern.  However, I can think of more than 50 degree/reasons to do so.  

How coach Bowden talked all the south Florida kids to come to Akron, I'll never get. He's explained it to me, and I still don't know how he did it. Simply amazing. 

I can't help but think there is a back story to this. Michael is not going to a significantly better program. A case can be made that UA has a higher ceiling under JoMo than WKU does.  He seems to have made his decision well after the JoMo hiring and presumably the chance to talk to Joe and his position coach. So why leave? Under Joe he may get the ball more. There has to be more to this.