Game 10: Zips -v- EMU - Nov.12, 6:00 p.m.

Blue & Gold

Santa Ana Mater Dei or St John Bosco, the two powerhouse high schools out here in California could beat the Zips. I don’t think I have ever seen or more pathetic example for an FBS program. I really hope Arth can turn this around for a number of reasons. I feel sorry for the embarrassment that these kids have to face every week. ?

Caught the 4th quarter on TV. Was surprised to hear the commentators sound so....nice, in talking about an 0-9 team. 

Anyhow, my astute, expert observation of watching 15 min. was that EMU's players were all stronger and faster than our Zips. Was glad to see players still give the effort in a pretty futile situation. 

p.s. that empty frozen tomb of a stadium will surely not help with recruiting. 

p.s.s. I hate those "script Akron" helmets they look like Div II. 

• Like 2

Kept thinking watching at the game, how big Shaq Vann is.  And kept thinking what just 1 RB like him could do to help a team like ours.  I'm not saying we'd immediately contend for a winning season, but his strength, speed, size makes up for a lot of missed OL blocks and his ability to pick up first downs.  Damn, where do we get one?  Plus some other recruits might see a player like him and think maybe this ain't so bad.... 

Okay, I'll sacrifice myself here....but, there were a few positives, nothing great but definite progress.  Up until the 4th period, no penalties, they've really cut down on them the last tow games Sign of player discipline improving?  Kato played a solid game, IMO.  He threw a couple crappers, but a couple real strikes.  They only had one turnover, and that was a fantastic feet-down interception of a great pass.  The line gave him pretty good protection, and when they didn't, he kept his cool mostly and evaded well.  He just can't stop himself for some reason from a sideline altercation though.  Boogie had lots of touches and nice catches.  Nothing good to say about defense, other than the guys are trying.  Anyway, tear away.....