Renting InfoCision Stadium out to the OHSAA

AkronAlumnus

Akron did a hell of a job last night.

I'd be curious to see how much $ they made off of concessions alone. The line I was in had approximately 20-25 people in it waiting to get their hot chocolate. Also, I wonder what the attendance was. I would guess between 15k-20k but, then again, I'm horrible at guessing things like that. 

Go Tigers beat Avon. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 2:08 PM, ZipsVoice said:

Yeah, but he's in Chicago, so, you know, time change to Central vs. Eastern....

My heart is in Chicago (as are my wife's doctors).  My home is in Iowa.  Who knows where my mind is?  I live in a perpetual state of jet lag!  

On 11/23/2019 at 12:30 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

Top 5 InfoCIsion Crowds this year:

1.  Hoban/Massillon

2.  Hoban/SVSM

3.  Founders Week Gathering

4.  UA Basketball Ice Cream Social

5.  Neighborhood Kids breaking into stadium to play football

#4 was actually the HOF drum and Bugle show. 15k attendance. All in the west stands.

• Like 3

While we're on the subject of putting butts in the seats, if anyone has had any remote connection to high school bands you know that their parents are some of the most loyal and will go to Timbuktu to watch their kids march in band shows and or halftime shows.  Those of us that remember the Acme-Zip games knows that their were hundreds of kids from various marching bands performing, and that in turn brought in lots of relatives/parents.  So, every season, we have something called "Band Day" at one of the Zips games, and the bands end up being from an APS school with maybe 30 kids in it, local rural schools with bands not much bigger.  So who's in charge of recruiting these bands to perform at InfoCision?  How come we can't get Stow, Hudson, Wadsworth, Green, Medina, etc.  to attend and perform?  I think Hudson has 200 kids in their band, Stow probably the same.  Is it our Director of Bands Galen Karriker?  I say, fire him now!  ?  Is it our crackerjack marketing department?  I think we should demand Karriker step down if he can't bring in 300 kids next year on band day!  (Bored - felt like writing - but still!)  ?

Edited by ZipsVoice
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 6:50 PM, ZipsVoice said:

While we're on the subject of putting butts in the seats, if anyone has had any remote connection to high school bands you know that their parents are some of the most loyal and will go to Timbuktu to watch their kids march in band shows and or halftime shows.  Those of us that remember the Acme-Zip games knows that their were hundreds of kids from various marching bands performing, and that in turn brought in lots of relatives/parents.  So, every season, we have something called "Band Day" at one of the Zips games, and the bands end up being from an APS school with maybe 30 kids in it, local rural schools with bands not much bigger.  So who's in charge of recruiting these bands to perform at InfoCision?  How come we can't get Stow, Hudson, Wadsworth, Green, Medina, etc.  to attend and perform?  I think Hudson has 200 kids in their band, Stow probably the same.  Is it our Director of Bands Galen Karriker?  I say, fire him now!  ?  Is it our crackerjack marketing department?  I think we should demand Karriker step down if he can't bring in 300 kids next year on band day!  (Bored - felt like writing - but still!)  ?

And none of the band kids are 6’11”!  We need at least 2 6’11” on the drum line to be competitive!

• Haha 1