Akron as MAC spoiler

Cykron

It would be really nice if the Zips rise to the occasion and become the MAC spoiler.  I have a free weekend in December that I would really like to fill.  Come on guys, take care of business these next two weeks.  

19 hours ago, Cykron said:

It would be really nice if the Zips rise to the occasion and become the MAC spoiler.  I have a free weekend in December that I would really like to fill.  Come on guys, take care of business these next two weeks.  

Akron already had that reputation over the past 7-years.  One of my most favorite games ever was in 2013, last game of the year on Thanksgiving weekend, it was a cold snowed out day with only the diehards in attendance and it also happened to be a couple weeks before I graduated : ) :

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 6.29.34 AM.png

Just rewatching this makes me sad about how Zips Football used to be somewhat (a little) hopeful and fun to watch sometimes.  Kyle Pohl, Jawon Chisholm, Justin March, man some fun players to watch.

Now it's just depressing to watch.  Bowden definitely gave us some fun games and excitement, and I wish there wouldn't have been such pressure to get rid of him for Arth.  There is absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Edited by Zip-Grad '13

1 hour ago, 94zipgrad said:

I think he was hoping we could beat both for Buffalo, his nephew is QB, I think a local product from Stow

He can do a lot to control his own destiny with a good showing tonight just up the street from his high school!   Go Bull(dog)s!  

3 hours ago, jupitertoo said:

Really nothing left to spoil.  Ohio choked again and is out of the MAC East race.  Miami has the division title locked up.

Not quite. 

I think Buffalo wins the MAC East if they beat Kent, Toledo, and Bowling Green . . . and if Miami loses to Akron and Ball State.  ?

Big "if's" that depend on the Zips to do their job as a spoiler!   ☠️

Well, that 4th quarter for Buffalo didn't go as hoped.  Lost on offense, defense, and special teams.  First half was pretty nice. 

Apart from my personal interest, that is why Americans watch MACtion.  Anything can happen.  

On 11/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, zipsfan15 said:

So, how many do you think watched it?  

Maybe not that many watched it particularly because there wasn't much of a sense of urgency for a conference title game birth.  Plus our cable digital sports pack signal was terribly pixelated.  We had to stream through the CBS Sports App and then mirror with Apple TV.  It was pretty tough to watch from a technical perspective.