Game 7- Merrimack College

clarkwgriswold

The 4-2 Zips welcome the 5-3 Merrimack Warriors into the JAR the day after Thanksgiving.  Merrimack, after having some success in DII, is in their first year of D1.  The highlight of their season appears to be a 71-61 win over Northwestern at Evanston.  The rest of their wins appear to be against pretty pedestrian teams.  6-4 senior guard Jaleel Lord leads the Warriors at 11.9 ppg, while 6 foot guard Juvaris Hayes leads rebounding at 5.9 rpg.  Here's a nice preview of the Warriors from the Merrimack website-  

https://merrimackathletics.com/news/2019/11/5/2019-20-mens-basketball-season-preview.aspx

I am out of town next week so I expect all of you to take over screaming important directions to the refs, coaches and players so that they don't miss me.  

Miss Mary Mack Mack Mack
All dressed in black, black, black
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
All down her back, back, back.

She asked her mother, mother, mother
For 50 cents, cents, cents
To see the elephants, elephants, elephants
Jump over the fence, fence, fence.

They jumped so high, high, high
They reached the sky, sky, sky
And they didn't come back, back, back
'Til the 4th of July, ly, ly!

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2019 at 10:39 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Miss Mary Mack Mack Mack
All dressed in black, black, black
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
All down her back, back, back.

She asked her mother, mother, mother
For 50 cents, cents, cents
To see the elephants, elephants, elephants
Jump over the fence, fence, fence.

They jumped so high, high, high
They reached the sky, sky, sky
And they didn't come back, back, back
'Til the 4th of July, ly, ly!

Continuing the theme...?Mari-Mac https://g.co/kgs/V8gRgz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

Can someone clarify for me? The Black Friday sale is a $75 GA seat. Weren't those $60 prior to the season?

IMG_20191129_073442.jpg

Let's hope the math department wasn't responsible for that one!   Four fewer games for $15 more......but you do get that fancy duffle bag (the same one you would get for the $60).

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Let's hope the math department wasn't responsible for that one!   Four fewer games for $15 more......but you do get that fancy duffle bag (the same one you would get for the $60).

Just better prices for buying earlier, but the 4 fewer games is certainly something to consider.

1 hour ago, zippyfan34 said:

Duffel bags are at the table to the left when you walk in for all season ticket holders.  You just have to go give them your name.  Agreed it wasn’t well publicized.

That's good to know!  I never did get my season tickets though is probably part of the problem.  There was apparently some sort of left-hand-not-talking-to-the-right-hand when I changed my address.  Thanks!

44 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

Listening to Frenchy!

Seems like a lot of folks stayed home to listen to Frenchy....Attendance was reported as 2,028 which is the lowest in at least the last few seasons (which is as far back as I looked before giving up trying to find a lower attendance)

Tells me that the season ticket base has shrunk considerably, since those are mainly the only people going to a game like this.

Edited by AyYo
Typo

18 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Sounds like it was a rough game with a good close out to win by a solid 17 over a team that has a lot of fight and zero fear with it being their first DI season. 

They were type of team that could cause a big scare in 1st round of NCAA.  Hard game to watch but Zips never trailed and kept it over 10 vast majority of game.  Xeriyius is a E-Sports Commentator?