Game 12: Zips -v- Ohio, Nov. 26, 6:00 p.m.

Blue & Gold

50 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

When the team gets a penalty because the band is playing when the other team is running a play it is probably time to call it a season.

Might as well get a penalty for the band playing.  What other possible reason could you be at that game?  Certainly not to watch the crap on the field.

4 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I've been one that's preached patience through the transition.  That period of patience officially ended with the final whistle tonight.  From here it damn well better be onward and upward with no delay.

You really need to be more positive. We just can't have you being Mr Negative Nelly with your aggressive ultimatum. Please stop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dre22era said:

I feel for those kids 

They deserve better leadership 

What the kids on the team, the alumni of the program, the students paying the athletics fee, and the Citizens of Akron, Ohio DESERVED was a real coaching search and not a declaration by the University of Akron Board of Trustees that they hire a friend of one the board members as the head football coach. The Akron Presidential Landscape for the last 5 years, and the hyperactive Board of Trustees has a wicked reputation around higher education, and it negatively impacts searches for all sorts of positions on campus, including athletics

Here are the BOT members... if you run into these folks around town or on campus, let them know your feelings towards their actions.

Trustees < All Political Appointees aka Hacks 

Joseph M. Gingo, Chair

Olivia P. Demas, Vice Chair < One of the weakest members of the Board on a wide variety of issues - her husband, Bill, was on the BOT in the past

Dr. Alfred V. Ciraldo, Vice Chair

Lewis W. Adkins Jr.

Roland H. Bauer < Someone who does major damage to athletics be getting too deep in the weeds - out of his depth

Cindy Crotty

Michael J. Dowling

Thomas F. Needles

William A. Scala < Like Bauer, Scala means well but tends to put his weight behind friends instead of what is best for Akron U

Student Trustees

Andrew M. Adolph

Taylor Bennington

Advisory Trustee

Anthony J. Alexander

David James

WOW! Never thought after all these years,nay decades of watching Akron football that I would ever see another one of these. Not mad just really disappointed,deflated and on and on.

I was hoping that Arth might be able to bring in some additional kids, add to what was already there and have the team show improvement from September to November. The scary thing is that there appeared to be no improvement over the season in O-line play, running game or QB play on that side of the ball. The defense was still unable to stop the run OR the pass consistently. Little pass rush,leaky secondary and not much ability to stop the run. Again,little if any improvement from start to finish. There were a few kids who played well at times thats true. But,since we saw little improvement during the season,I am now very concerned about how this program can 'bounce back' next season. What is going to be a 'strength' on either side of the ball. Very concerned.

• Like 4