2019 MAC Football Predictions

94zipgrad

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/mac-football-2019-predictions

I looked at several 2019 MAC Football Predictions & none of them have Miami vs Central Michigan in the MACC.  Let’s hope Akron can get some crucial pieces from Juco or through the transfer portal & we can get back to being competitive.  It seems like every year someone surprises you in the MAC.  Let’s hope it’s the Zips next year

3 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Wow, that is pretty impressive in year 2 with that OOC schedule 

I believe playing an out of conference schedule like that motivates teams when it comes time for conference play. 

It helps eliminate the deer in headlights feeling as by the time its time for conference play they would have had already played against the best talent they will see all season. 

I am all for it. 

10 hours ago, dre22era said:

I believe playing an out of conference schedule like that motivates teams when it comes time for conference play. 

It helps eliminate the deer in headlights feeling as by the time its time for conference play they would have had already played against the best talent they will see all season. 

I am all for it. 

Only downfall is can you stay healthy enough or have enough depth to overcome.  We got Ohio State & Auburn in 2021

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/search?q=akron+vs+central+michigan+2018+football&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#sie=m;/g/11f54202s1;6;/m/012hfxch;dt;fp;1;;

i know your going to think I’m crazy but above link is Akron vs Central Michigan 2018.  CMU offense was anemic last year & the only game they won was against an FCS team.  They got a couple QB’s, a good WR & DLine guy through the portal.  They also got a proven coach but it is possible to go from a winless MAC team to the MACC.  As I write this they are winning in the 2nd half of MACC.

Go Zips, the road to the 2020 MACC starts now, recruit, recruit, recruit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Came up a little short M 26 - CM 21

So the positive to draw from is we are only 3 points away from the MACC losing to them 20-17

5th straight year a new Champion

Why not Akron?  March to 2020 MACC begins now

Go Zips ?

If CMU can go from 1-11 to runner up and Miami from the cellar dwellers they have been for years to MAC champs, UA & Arth can do it as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

I hope our entire staff watched Kent tonight. They looked really damn good and rose to the occasion and were completely fearless. Those boys are nasty. Do everything you can to get to that level, I can't stomach Kent looking this much better than Akron. I hate it. 

They did look good, and so did Buffalo.  I went to get carry-out from the Rockne's in Kent during their game, and it was obnoxious in the bar, probably because I forgot I was wearing my Zip's jacket!  But while I was watching the team I despise, I had to grudgingly say, good for them, they had a solid season, got to a bowl and got their first bowl win.  They deserved it, obviously bought into the coaches system, worked hard and achieved.  I mean, Kent State still sucks, but...good for them.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

They did look good, and so did Buffalo.  I went to get carry-out from the Rockne's in Kent during their game, and it was obnoxious in the bar, probably because I forgot I was wearing my Zip's jacket!  But while I was watching the team I despise, I had to grudgingly say, good for them, they had a solid season, got to a bowl and got their first bowl win.  They deserved it, obviously bought into the coaches system, worked hard and achieved.  I mean, Kent State still sucks, but...good for them.

Yeah.  I was thinking the same thing.  It's not like basketball where I wish PCCC would be humiliated very single night.  

I am ever so slightly torn on KSUcks.  I think the Akron -v- Kent basketball games are so epic because both are quality programs and the games are tightly contested.  As far as sporting events go, those two Akron -v- KSUcks basketball games are yearly highlights.  If our respective football programs could both replicate that, man, that could become one absolutely epic football rivalry.  It's already extremely heated and both programs traditionally suck.  

Plus, the MAC is now 2-0.  CMU playing San Diego State at 2:30 today.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

I hope our entire staff watched Kent tonight. They looked really damn good and rose to the occasion and were completely fearless. Those boys are nasty. Do everything you can to get to that level, I can't stomach Kent looking this much better than Akron. I hate it. 

Yep! I hope Arth was watching the KSUU QB. You can not have a QB who is not MOBILE no matter how big the arm. Not sure if that guy is on the roster right now. If not another long season in 2020. I hope Arth was watching the KSUU O-line. Yep,those guys were TOUGH!. They could pass block and run block. I hope Arth was watching the KSUU RB. Big! Could run straight ahead behind a big line. Their receivers were actually getting open AND catching the ball. Their QB looked ACCURATE. We have not seen any of this around here in 2-3 years. The KSUU defense kind of got exposed. But, that team has a toughness that Akron has lacked. A culture in a program doesn't happen 'overnight'. When KSUU does what they did this season,it should hit home hard in Akron!

• Like 1

Agreed with all the previous posts. Kent is way ahead of us and showed it last night. I don't like them, but I can respect them. They were well coached and obviously bought into everything the staff wanted to do. I know they lost a lot of seniors and I wasn't especially impressed with their recruiting class, but I do fear that they will do a lot with what they have going forward. And right now they are hands down better than us.