Game 8- Marshall

clarkwgriswold

16 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

It's funny how powerful tradition is.  I was watching the Cincinnati -v- UNLV game last night & was thinking how cool it would be if we could bring UNLV to the JAR.  But man I'm getting old, as UNLV hasn't really been relevant since the early 90's.

I’m right with you. I can still picture Tark chewing on his towel. Or what about Houston’s 5 Slamma Jamma?! Where has Houston been?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

Does anyone know if the game is being broadcast.  Akron only has on their web site TBA?

It's on C-USA TV.  You can watch the game if you get a 1-day pass for $6.95.  @AkronAlumnus, do you trust the reddit stream? 

ConferenceUSA dot com / watch

Edited by Blue & Gold

10 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

Xavier was ranked 19th in the Coaches Poll in December 1996 and was 8-0 when they visited the JAR and pulled out a 113-111 triple overtime thriller against the Zips with Jimmal Ball scoring 44 for us.  That was my closest and most depressing loss to a ranked team.....

... missed free throws if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

It's on C-USA TV.  You can watch the game if you get a 1-day pass for $6.95.  @AkronAlumnus, do you trust the reddit stream? 

ConferenceUSA dot com / watch

Yeah, I do trust reddit. I have never had any adverse problems. Some streams are better than others, however, it's a free service and usually the best way to watch The Zips because ESPN plus, 3, or whatever the heck its called tends to be slow and laggy.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AkronAlumnus said:

Yeah, I do trust reddit. I have never had any adverse problems. Some streams are better than others, however, it's a free service and usually the best way to watch The Zips because ESPN plus, 3, or whatever the heck its called tends to be slow and laggy.

Could you provide a link for the reddit debilitated audience on here?  Mahalo!

• Like 2

I finally got the steam after paying the $6.75,  The stream is very good.  Williams is hitting some open 3 pointers.  He is a much better shooter when he squares up.  Jackson made another steal on a lob inbounds play and then made a 3.  This team needs to run better offense like they did against the zone.  A lot of missed shots but good defense.