Game 10- Concord- 12/15 at 2:00 p.m.

clarkwgriswold

The Zips come out of exam week next Sunday with Concord at the JAR.  The Mountain Lions recently had a huge win over Notre Dame (College of Athens, WV) to go to 4-5.  6 foot freshman guard Ethan Heller leads the Mountain Lions with 14.4 ppg.  6-8 forward Simon Kovac (who oddly is not on their online roster) leads rebounding at 9.4 rpg.

Hopefully, the Zips can use the game to shake off the rust from exam week and use it to iron out some issues before the DC tournament where there hands could be full with 7-2 Tulane and 10-0 Liberty.

• Like 1

Some Wikipedia info for your reading pleasure-

Concord University is a public university in Athens, West Virginia. It was founded on February 28, 1872, when the West Virginia Legislature passed "an Act to locate a Branch State Normal School, in Concord Church, in the County of Mercer". Founded by veterans of both the Union and the Confederacy, Concord is named for the ideal of "harmony and sweet fellowship".

It is known for its picturesque campus which has been dubbed "The Campus Beautiful" and its scenic location on a knoll overlooking the mountains in the area. The university also operates a center and conducts classes in Beckley, Raleigh County, West Virginia.

The school also has  "a community theatre organization known as the Appalachian Shakespeare Project."

• Thanks 1

Yet another game with no television or streaming? Why am I seeing my Zips less this year than in the last few years? I thought we were starting to get toward the point where  seeing them, since I do not live local, was getting easier but it is starting to feel like we have gone back to the time when I first moved away from Akron back in 2001.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/11/2019 at 9:24 AM, Captain Kangaroo said:

Xeyrius is the best P5 UA transfer (Dayton is a "P5" in hoops) since Jamie Bosley.

I have followed Dayton and the A10 for quite a while and have never heard anybody refer to the A10 as a P5 conference.

Is the A10  a (very) high mid major - yes, a consistent multiple bid conference - yep.

Is the atmosphere at Dayton games P5 caliber - you bet, but several of the schools in the A10 play in facilities that resemble a small high school gym.

Do you have a source for your P5 claim?

I can't even get the A10 into the top six (ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, PAC 12).

2 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I didn't' think he could be a student until the semester was over so I was a little surprised when people thought we'd see him today as exam week just passed.

If exam week has passed and the student-athlete has passed at least the minimum number of hours to be considered full-time, the student athlete is good to go athletically.