Assistant Football Coaching Salaries

DannyHoke

Found this interesting... https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

Akron is only $2,000 total comp pool behind CMU

Interesting that Matt Feeney from Akron makes $150,000 with ZERO FBS coaching experience. Not a bad pay day for a 28 year old first time coordinator. 16th highest paid assistant in the MAC and makes $35,000 more than any other Zips Assistant.

Charlie Frye makes $125,000 as a first time coordinator, but he has experience with the Florida Gators program, and in the Florida HS Ranks which is a fertile recruiting landscape.

Also interesting that the iCoach / Rob Ianello, makes $232,398 and is the top paid assistant in the MAC.Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.41.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.29.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.31.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.30.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.30.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.30.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 12.30.40 PM.png

Edited by DannyHoke

$150k seems to be the going rate for a MAC defensive coordinator so I'm not all that surprised. Now arguing that he was under qualified for the position in the first place is a whole other discussion. If Arth was insistent on bringing in his cronies, I would have at least liked to have seen him go out and get an experienced OC/DC. Perhaps with one of those guys having some prior FBS head coaching experience. 

I don't find it all that surprising that I-coach is the highest paid assistant in the MAC. At this point he's a veteran assistant and has thus far been a much better assistant than he was a head coach.