Games 11 and 12- DC Holiday Hoops Fest Tournament

clarkwgriswold

15 minutes ago, doccomet87 said:

Sayles played excellent defense inside in the first half and 0 minutes second half when Liberty was dominating inside. Also surprised that after a career high (albeit against Concord) he got 0 minutes in game vs. Tulane.  What is the issue with groce and Sayles?

The announcers mentioned how well they thought Sayles played in the first half.

Tulane played the same against Towson as they did against us.  Missing lay ups and foul shots.  Even though Zips weren't playing well they appeared to be having fun and fighting for every ball with Tulane.  Against Liberty, they weren't as sharp mentally and Liberty is just a step above on the ability level.  Cheese was still off and LCJ made some mistakes. X couldn't carry the team and they shut down Reece. Cheese and LCJ created the lanes but couldn't finish enough times.

• Like 1

I was at the basketball tournament and from my observation the zips were  the best team there talent wise.The problem is that they had the least bulk they got exposed for being to light in the ass.They might want to look into getting a better strength and conditioning program.I suspect this is the issue with football also not the coaches??

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, monrowe said:

I was at the basketball tournament and from my observation the zips were  the best team there talent wise.The problem is that they had the least bulk they got exposed for being to light in the ass.They might want to look into getting a better strength and conditioning program.I suspect this is the issue with football also not the coaches??

"Light in the ass."  I love it, but it also sounds like a proctologist's tool!

I know Groce has really stressed the weightroom.  There was a publicity picture of the team in the weightroom last year and they looked more muscular than the football team.  That puts muscle on them, but I would agree that they're not a very "wide" team or team "heavy in the ass."

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

From an ESPN article about bubble teams and Liberty's chances.

The Flames haven't lost in nearly a month, keeping a spirited at-large candidacy alive and running their record out to 26-3. In NET terms, the best win on this profile is a neutral-floor victory over Akron. If that doesn't sound sufficiently impressive, keep in mind the Zips really might be the second-best opponent this team has faced. (The best was LSU, and Liberty lost in Baton Rouge 74-57.)

Liberty isn't getting an at-large. 19 of their 24 wins are Q4 wins and they have a Q4 loss. Personally, I'd prefer seeing an at-large team like Liberty or SFA get its chance, however, the committee would take the 11th place team out of the B1G over either. I'd give SFA a better chance than Liberty as they at least have one game that passes the committees who did you beat (Duke) test.  

49 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Liberty isn't getting an at-large. 19 of their 24 wins are Q4 wins and they have a Q4 loss. Personally, I'd prefer seeing an at-large team like Liberty or SFA get its chance, however, the committee would take the 11th place team out of the B1G over either. I'd give SFA a better chance than Liberty as they at least have one game that passes the committees who did you beat (Duke) test.  

Completely agree. If Akron is your best win you are not getting an at-large.