MAC Men’s Basketball - Catch-all Thread

Anybody know what happened to BGSU's Turner? 

Canada is looking relatively pedestrian with 4 losses already to Dartmouth, UConn, Vandy, and Army. 

O-Who vs. Purdue tonight on ESPN2, 9PM. Boals has the team playing some tough competition OOC - already games against Nova, Baylor, and Utah. 

Toledo only beat Marshall by 10 the second time around. 

36 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Anybody know what happened to BGSU's Turner? 

Canada is looking relatively pedestrian with 4 losses already to Dartmouth, UConn, Vandy, and Army. 

O-Who vs. Purdue tonight on ESPN2, 9PM. Boals has the team playing some tough competition OOC - already games against Nova, Baylor, and Utah. 

Toledo only beat Marshall by 10 the second time around. 

Justin Turner sustained a hamstring injury at the Paradise Jam tournament in the U.S. Virgin Islands in late November.

Purdue v Ohio: so generous of Purdue to conveniently schedule a game in Athens when the students, the band, and cheerleaders are gone for break. Best part of game was seeing Boals in a tailor-made green suit.

PCCC v NC AT: Flushes woke up in OT against a bad team 

EMU: I wonder if the team isn't better without that head case (James Thompson, III) on the team.  Beat Northeastern at home.

Toledo had a bad loss to the UMKC Kangaroos.  Would be cool for the Zips to schedule another Marsupial.

Zips have an opportunity to separate themselves going into MAC play with two wins this week

Edited by NWAkron

28 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Purdue v Ohio: so generous of Purdue to conveniently schedule a game in Athens when the students, the band, and cheerleaders are gone for break. Best part of game was seeing Boals in a tailor-made green suit.

PCCC v NC AT: Flushes woke up in OT against a bad team 

EMU: I wonder if the team isn't better without that head case (James Thompson, III) on the team.  Beat Northeastern at home.

Toledo had a bad loss to the UMKC Kangaroos.  Would be cool for the Zips to schedule another Marsupial.

Zips have an opportunity to separate themselves going into MAC play with two wins this week

I don't care what time of year it is. I wish we could get a P5 school to come play us at the JAR. I'd even fill the student sections with cardboard cutouts; make it look like Madden fans. 

Rudolph the Red Nose Clown Show - AKA PCCC's coach - eeking one out against North Carolina Alphabet Soup is sad, but a beautiful thing at the same time. 

BAD loss by Toledo to UMKC. 

CMU lost to a 4-8 Robert Morris team. 

21 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I don't care what time of year it is. I wish we could get a P5 school to come play us at the JAR. I'd even fill the student sections with cardboard cutouts; make it look like Madden fans. 

Rudolph the Red Nose Clown Show - AKA PCCC's coach - eeking one out against North Carolina Alphabet Soup is sad, but a beautiful thing at the same time. 

BAD loss by Toledo to UMKC. 

CMU lost to a 4-8 Robert Morris team. 

Ouch. Bad night for the conference.

11 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I wouldn't look too into EMU record. They've beaten a lot of very bad teams by very narrow margins. I'm guessing they will be their usual 7-11 or 8-10 during conference play. 

Not to mention their first 3 games were against non-DI opponents. Murphy decided to schedule tough this year, I see. 

On 12/18/2019 at 10:26 AM, NWAkron said:

Did you catch Boals in the green suit?  I also wonder how he got Purdue to the Convo even if it was "off season."

Ohio took a football buy game against Purdue at a discount (something like 550k) a few years ago in exchange for a home and home in basketball the last 2 years.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eagle66 said:

Ohio took a football buy game against Purdue at a discount (something like 550k) a few years ago in exchange for a home and home in basketball the last 2 years.

Damn good work, detective. I guess this is the kind of agreement you can make when you don't have a 30,000-seat mound of debt to pay off. 

image.png

On 12/18/2019 at 4:29 PM, LZIp said:

Ball State knocks off Georgia Tech.

Tech scored the last 12 points to lose by JUST18!  Tonight the Cards take on #22 Washington at 9:30 Akron time on ESPN2 in the Diamond Head Classic.  Watch for the guy in the Zips jersey behind the basket!  #MeleKalikimaka as Chevy Chase once sang.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Tech scored the last 12 points to lose by JUST18!  Tonight the Cards take on #22 Washington at 9:30 Akron time on ESPN2 in the Diamond Head Classic.  Watch for the guy in the Zips jersey behind the basket!  #MeleKalikimaka as Chevy Chase once sang.

I despise Ball State but that Washington team and recruiting class seems a little too good to be true.  7 players over 6'9.  Wing spans put together can cover half the floor.  A quick Google may explain it:

https://komonews.com/news/local/probe-uncovers-possible-violations-involving-uw-husky-hoops-star

On 12/22/2019 at 12:48 AM, 1981 grad said:

I saw that Youngstown State gets to host W. Virginia?  I know they were our first game.  Do we get to host them next year?

Several years ago Huggins told me they would play in Akron  for about a $275,000 guarantee.

I am willing to kick in $20 to fund such a game.

Now if 13,750 others would do the same (ignoring the possible effect of inflation on the guarantee)  we've got a home game against the Mountaineers.

• Like 1