MAC Men’s Basketball - Catch-all Thread

13 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

I caught the end of that Kent game, it's worth checking out on the replay if you can. It was like they were both trying to throw the game.

Yeah.  The Miami player fumbled the most important inbound pass of their season.  Also, Ohio had a chance to win at Canada and threw the ball away

16 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

That was an enjoyable read, but the Ball State drunk guy last week is hard to beat.

I don't know - with this comment are we certain we don't have OU drunk dude? "They just got Mylar Dawson back...". And I did learn something on their board I had no idea that the Zips had gotten a vote in the AP poll. And oh yeah another week another Zips men's basketball player of the week. Congrats Xeryrius.

Edited by MDZip

2 hours ago, NWAkron said:

What we all predicted.  It's wide open.  Who will be healthy and tournament ready? Toledo always chokes.  If they stay hot and can give BG a couple losses all the better.  

I would LOVE to get toledo in the MAC tournament. They're Dead Meat. They'll never shoot 58% from 3 again.  Akron has FAR superior talent. Next time we just won't over pursue on closeouts and/or maybe just switch to a zone. Winning really isn't "rocket" science if we see these dingbats again. Plus, Akron is a far superior university and city in every possible way. Go Zips!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ZippyforPresident said:

I would LOVE to get toledo in the MAC tournament. They're Dead Meat. They'll never shoot 58% from 3 again.  Akron has FAR superior talent. Next time we just won't over pursue on closeouts and/or maybe just switch to a zone. Winning really isn't "rocket" science if we see these dingbats again. Plus, Akron is a far superior university and city in every possible way. Go Zips!

The last time I saw a post like this it ended with "I'm drunk."  LOL.

I do appreciate the enthusiasm.

Without those transfers the Zips would be like Miami and we'd all be pi$$ing and moaning about how the team wasn't developing fast enough.  We all saw the incessant whining and griping from some impatient posters the first couple of years of Groce when he was rebuilding the program.  Can you imagine what we'd be hearing now if he'd have focused solely on freshmen instead of mixing in transfers/jucos?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1