MAC Men’s Basketball - Catch-all Thread

Quick look at the MAC standings uncovers something really rare.

Toledo leads the conference with one league loss. That loss is Akron.

EMU and NIU sit at the bottom of the MAC standings with only one win a piece. That one win in each case is Akron.

How odd is that?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GJGood said:

Quick look at the MAC standings uncovers something really rare.

Toledo leads the conference with one league loss. That loss is Akron.

EMU and NIU sit at the bottom of the MAC standings with only one win a piece. That one win in each case is Akron.

How odd is that?

And watch out:  Garrettsville State has won 4 in a row!

7 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Fun game to watch. Props to KSUcks... Nevermind. Can't give them props at all. Thank you Toledo for giving them another L. I dislike both programs, but I really, REALLY loathe PCCC. 

Exactly.

I love to hate Buffalo.

I love to hate Ohio.

And I love to hate Toledo.

But I simply loathe Kent.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 2:45 PM, clarkwgriswold said:

PCCC goes down to the Sprockets.

From the Zips perspective I'd like to see a few more Toledo losses. On the chance that the conference tournament doesn't get held they would send the regular season champ. I think the Zips can beat anyone in the tourney so I don't want to risk missing it because of that. Zips deserve a return trip after getting cheated out of it last year. Also happy there are no divisions this year for that reason. Whoever gets the first seed this year will have really earned it.

Edited by MDZip

56 minutes ago, MDZip said:

From the Zips perspective I'd like to see a few more Toledo losses. On the chance that the conference tournament doesn't get held they would send the regular season champ. I think the Zips can beat anyone in the tourney so I don't want to risk missing it because of that. Zips deserve a return trip after getting cheated out of it last year. Also happy there are no divisions this year for that reason. Whoever gets the first seed this year will have really earned it.

Me too MDZip, especially one next week to the Zips!

In general I'm not in favor of expanding the NCAA tournament but I saw an interesting proposal on ESPN for an 80 team one. Both regular season and conference tournament champs would be guaranteed a slot and anyone who won both would get a bye. I'm all for allowing more participation by the overlooked teams.

• Like 1