MAC Men’s Basketball - Catch-all Thread

Not sure if it was mentioned on this thread, but per some folks on the MAC bbs board, Nuga has entered the portal for Kent and El-Amin for Ball State.  Two big losses for the conference.  

Coaches will really need to be good at nurturing those relationships with recruits/athletes going forward.  

On 3/19/2021 at 12:42 PM, RowdyZip said:

Not sure if it was mentioned on this thread, but per some folks on the MAC bbs board, Nuga has entered the portal for Kent and El-Amin for Ball State.  Two big losses for the conference.  

Coaches will really need to be good at nurturing those relationships with recruits/athletes going forward.  

Love it. Sucks to suck. Path of least resistance for the Zips. 

8 minutes ago, LZIp said:

It would be great if we could experience this just once in my lifetime.......

2019-20 was stolen from us.

Not surprised whatsoever by this from OU. Boals is a helluva coach, and Preston/VP are a phenomenal 1-2 combo. This is why so many of us spoke so highly of the Boals hire and OU, @NWAkron.

• Like 1

Congrats to the OU Bobcats.  I'll root like hell against them when they play the Zips, but for the MAC to be recognized and respected it needs high exposure and tournament wins to get the attention of the selection committee.  Wins like this accomplish that, so Go Bobcats!

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 3

Great win for Ohio. I'm happy for them, they seem like a good group of guys. Preston and BVP are excellent. A Sweet 16 appearance isn't out of the question for them. Good luck against the Bluejays. Court Street is going crazy tonight and that is awesome, but I wish just for once, just once, it could be Main Street overflowing with Zips fans celebrating.

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

To Abilene Christian...thats akin to OSU getting knocked out by Wright State, maybe even worse. Yikes.

or to say #15 Oral Roberts.  Lots of big programs taking L's this year which i hope continues.  I just LCJ would have gotten to go dancing during his time here.

11 hours ago, bigzipguy said:

WE WILL I GUARANTEE IT

not gonna happen...ever....gonzaga of the east...laughable...this school has made 3 ncaa's since 2009 & got rolled in all three games..but hey, at least zips had halftime lead vs gonzaga...meanwhile OU keeps developing a reputation that outclasses akron...forgot to add..would love to be wrong

Edited by mivid12